SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Waterproof experiment
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waterproof experiment Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
If anyone can figure out how to make a primer fall out of a loaded cartridge I’m all ears. I’d love to eliminate the primer from the equation when testing the case mouth but I’m not willing to risk eyes and fingertips to do it.
Also I was thinking of loading cartridges with cobalt chloride test paper and tossing those rounds into a pond for different lengths of time. So if anyone has access to a private pond/lake within a few counties of DuPage county Il, let me know.

You can safely de-prime a case. I’ve done it plenty of times. I use a lee universal de-primer die.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MikeinNC, I’ve done that a few times myself, I was talking about removing the primer without disturbing the seated round.

Posts: 904 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry I haven’t felt like going to the garage to seat a few projectiles. This pneumonia from Covid really is kicking my butt.

Posts: 904 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post