SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Favorite powder in 9mm with 115gr. bullet ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite powder in 9mm with 115gr. bullet ? Login/Join 
posted
What's your favorite powder/charge in 9mm with 115gr. bullets ? I'm currently using Unique and HS-6, looking for others to try.

Posts: 31 | Location: Fishers, IN | Registered: February 02, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I use AA#7 for my 9's but for 124g. It should work very well for 115g's too.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
4.5 Grains of Bullseye. Been using it for years.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6.6 of HS-6

Posts: 1188 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hodgdon Universal.

PC

Posts: 1329 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Power Pistol works great. You will get a bit of flash/bang if that bothers you.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I use 231.

Posts: 5606 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I don't remember what the charge weight was for 115, but WSF is my go to powder for 9mm. Titegroup has too narrow of a range for me to be comfortable throwing in a progressive (at least MY progressive, anyway), and CFE Pistol is dirty AF.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3346 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hands down, Sport Pistol.

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PHC
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using 4.6 gr of titegroup in my 9mm for years with 115gr rn fmj and plated.

Retired PHC USN

Posts: 33 | Registered: December 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’d go fast with a light 115 grn bullet, for me that’s Titegroup. I may go Win-231 next.

Posts: 6126 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use 231 now, but that's mostly because that's what I have. But its fine.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
4.5 grains of W231. I use it with Eggleston coated 115 grain TC coated bullets in my Glocks. Accurate and reliable.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4.5 grains Bullseye is a great load. I also like 6.0 of Power Pistol and 6.1 of WSF. Mostly under Montana Gold JHP or Hornady HAP.

Posts: 93 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: June 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
of all the powders I have used over the decades
Universal had been the best results for me.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cfe pistol for me

Posts: 66 | Registered: February 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I'm very new to reloading 9mm as it's been so cheap for so long it just wasn't worth my time. I still have a good stash of commercial 9mm but decided to start rolling my own anyway. On a friend's recommendation I started with TiteGroup and it's performed pretty well. I tried some 231 but it didn't group as well as the TiteGroup does. Mind you this is all with 124gr bullets, I don't know if it's indicative of how a 115 would work. I'm going to try some Bullseye next.

Posts: 7241 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tite group works well for me.
Good Luck,
TF

Posts: 32 | Location: Kansas | Registered: May 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a lot of titegroup, but mostly do 135 and 147 gn bullets. I use Blue Bullets.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post