SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Something didn't feel right (whoops)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something didn't feel right (whoops) Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
Wife and kids went to bed, so it was ME time!! After briefly considering pantless TV time, I decided to be more productive.

I was cranking out some .223Rem for my new Steyr AUG on my Dillon 650 when the ram wouldn't go all the way home. Something obviously wasn't right.

Hmmmmm....da fuq?

No damage to the pin. I pulled the case and kept on cranking. I also checked the rounds immediately preceding this; they were fine. The upgraded cartridge ejector is awesome, BTW.

I need a beer.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Got any idea how that happened?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Got any idea how that happened?

Not a clue. I’ve had cases not feed perfectly, but this one was speared so precisely…no clue.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Sure! Here is the link where I bought it off eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154268575115

They appear to be out of stock at the moment, but they may have an external website. There are also plenty of plastic 3-D printed versions of the same device. Super easy install, and so far it works very well. Much less finicky than the wire.

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I usually use pliers to crush defective cases for scrap bucket,your method also works Wink

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You did save the primer, didn't you? Wink

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
You did save the primer, didn't you? Wink

PC

It had not yet reached the priming station. If it had, I would have managed to get it out anyway. Smile

posted Hide Post
Done it before as well.

Rockin' along, churning out rounds.... didn't notice that a case had tipped over on the launching ramp to the first station. Same result.

Peel the case off the decaping pin. Notice there was a small piece of smutz on the launching ramp - maybe that did it?? Cleaned that off.

Continued on. Didn't dwell on it.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post