SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Ozark holsers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ozark holsers Login/Join 
posted
I'm thinking of buying a cross draw. But I'm wondering how secure the clip is and what's made of. Having bad experiences in the past with other holsters and their cheap kydex clips, I'm wondering if Ozarks are better.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I have a few of his full kydex IWB holsters - the clips are your standard wide plastic clips as shown in the pictures on his website.

I can’t speak about the leather/kydex hybrid holsters, but I believe they use the slimmer, metal clips.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
I have one of his IWB leather/kydex hybrids for a G19 - the clips are metal

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1122 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have one of Dustin's holsters, and the clips are metal. I have also purchased his conversion kit to put Kydex extenders and leather straps on the holster instead of the metal clips. The problem with metal is, if you wear the holster at 3:30 or 4:00, the metal clips can chew up your car seats. Kydex or leather doesn't do that.

For what it's worth, Dustin's hybrid Kydex/Leather holster is absolutely the most comfortable carry system I have for my .229/.40.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one of his IWB kydex holsters and hated the plastic clip. Did not feel secure at all and I sold it.

I will never use a plastic clip again.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the response. I too hate the plastic or kydex clips. The only kydex clips that I have found to be satisfactory are made by JMK. Looks like I won't be buying Ozark.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I also have one of Dustin's IWB hybrid leather/kydex holsters with metal clips, that I carry my 2022 in daily with no problems what so ever.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BullDog 7972-
Talk to Dustin , he's one of the Good Guys-He may come up with a suggestion you would like - I use his OWB Hybrid Holster for several pistols - They work very well

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for being so late to the thread.
But just wanted to say I use Ozark Holster IWB Hybrids (leather/kydex) for all three of my SIG's.
They use the metal clips, they are very comfortable, and are a good value for the money IMHO.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post