SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Oregon's new gun law means I go back to "old school" for my carry pistol...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oregon's new gun law means I go back to "old school" for my carry pistol... Login/Join 
posted
Gents,

December 8, Oregon's draconian new gun law goes into effect. Mandated 10 round magazines and a host of other "requirements". For me, as a concealed carry holder, it means no more hi-cap sigs, etc. So, being an old codger (71) I've decided to return to my roots and return to the platform I carried professionally most of my adult life...the 1911 pistol in one form or another. So, I broke out my tried and true (read trusted) Stainless Steel Combat Commander. It's like coming home to an old friend...

Oddly enough, I don't feel "undergunned".

Wes

Posts: 2423 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
My favorite version. Pretty gun. Good choice. Sorry to hear about the stupid new law. Can you still possess hi caps and just not carry them or are you supposed to get rid of them completely?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I went the same direction but with an old P220.
I carried it before I got P229's and the 365.
Got plenty of HST's for it, but am looking at different holster options.
I'm thinking a shoulder rig may work out better than the paddle holster I have now.

My .308 got rearranged as well since I have 10 round mags for it.
I'm not buying 10 round mags for anything else, they can KMA.

quote:
My favorite version. Pretty gun. Good choice. Sorry to hear about the stupid new law. Can you still possess hi caps and just not carry them or are you supposed to get rid of them completely?

You can have them but not carry them.
They can be used at the range also.

This is supposed to curb the massive amount of suicides we have.
Probably won't be long now and all the "gun violence" will drop drastically as well.

Posts: 1476 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Goes to show that "old school" is much better than "no school"...... drill sgt.

Posts: 1999 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nice 1911, Wes!

quote:
Originally posted by powermad:

I heard about that, them saying it will help with cutting down on suicide by firearm. Utterly insane.

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
I went the same direction but with an old P220.
I carried it before I got P229's and the 365.
Got plenty of HST's for it, but am looking at different holster options.
I'm thinking a shoulder rig may work out better than the paddle holster I have now.

My .308 got rearranged as well since I have 10 round mags for it.
I'm not buying 10 round mags for anything else, they can KMA.

quote:

You can have them but not carry them.
They can be used at the range also.

Probably won't be long now and all the "gun violence" will drop drastically as well.

10 round mags will curb suicides? How many folks you have up there that shoot themselves 10 plus times?

Sorry for the drift. Your Commander is great. I have Colt Combat Elite Commander in .45. I don’t carry it much, but if our silly legislators/ Governor suddenly passed more laws than we do now (I’m just south of you in Kali) I wouldn’t feel a bit undergunned with the Commander. Or my SW model 66, 2.5 inch. But that’s for another thread. Thanks for posting and you guys stay safe up there. And I’m old also…

Posts: 750 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in New York we have been dealing with a 10 round limit The NY Safe Act and now unconstitutional "sensitive places" restrictions as a thumb to the nose of our Supreme Court. Crime out of control cashless bail catch and release on criminal gun carriers etc. Federal judge halts it 2nd court of appeals reinstates it like a horror story merry go round that never stops. So if I go to a sensitive place they determined (tyrannous) I get a felony charge for carrying a gun like I have for the last 40 years legally with no criminal record? Can't wait for the Supreme Court to shove NY's CCIA law up the legislature's ass!

Posts: 460 | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Over past few years primarily moved to 1911s. Old man hands make the trigger pull on Glocks a tad difficult. 1911's trigger pull significantly more accurate.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1552 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A beautiful weapon, I carry my Kimber pro cdp 80% of the time in an Kramer iwb, conceals very easily.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Thanks for the kind words about my SS Commander. It's an old friend and a trusted companion...

Wes

Posts: 2423 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Told the idiots who passed the 10 round max magazines did not have an exemption for LEOs. So the thugs have high capacity magazines on law enforcement is limited to 10 rounds. Classic Democrats limiting those protecting us and turning a blind eye to the reality of the street.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1552 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous pistol!

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post