SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Kydex USP Compact holster recommends
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kydex USP Compact holster recommends Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted
Recently purchased one but it does not draw grip close to body. Looking for OWB, preferably covering safety/decocker without interfering (carry cocked and locked). Thanks.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4361 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You might look at the Tucker Gun Leather.
Mine is the Deep Carry (DC-3).
Fabulous holster.
The wait time can be unbearable but worth the wait.
I now need to get a mag holder on order.

Pics of mine:
(I keep mine> safety off {usually}, on in chamber, hammer down. I have a standard spurred hammer on it so it is easy to cock with one hand)

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Looks nice, does it conceal well, loose shirt over with vest or not is how I typically carry.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4361 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
Looks nice, does it conceal well, loose shirt over with vest or not is how I typically carry.

Not good for back or appendix carry but hugs the hip in a great way and those quick clips are excellent allowing to stay on but you don't have to disrobe to take your holster off.
The handle of the weapon can still out a bit more than IWB depending on where you locate the holster.
Leather lined kydex is a plus as well. Cool

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
A lot of kydex holster makers can make you one specifically for the safety in the locked position ensuring it doesn't get swept off.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
There is an entire sub forum on this subject at hkpro dot com

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Gunfighters Inc Ronin. I love the things. Use them at work when I’m in street clothes and have one for just about everything I tend to carry off duty. Only exception is when I carry a 1911. 1911s get leather. A man has to have principles…

But seriously. Great rigs. I’ve got one for a USPC 40. I’ll add a pic tomorrow.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post

Here it is. The early ones reportedly had an issue with the kydex loops cracking, but they made changes several years back. I've got probably 15 of these and wear one on duty 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week and it hasn't been damaged any. My oldest is about 8 years old and still looks new. They hold very close to the body and I'm comfortable carrying anything up to the size of a full size UPS 45 under a loose outer shirt long enough to cover the length.

I couldn't be more satisfied with a product, and I was anti kydex for a long time.

EDIT TO ADD: While I am an enormous fan of their holsters. I'm more mixed on their mag pouches. Especially double pouches. They take up a lot of real estate on the belt. If you have the body shape that works for them, great, but if not they are overlarge.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
And yes. That USP is so old it has Patent Pending on the grip panel. KH date code, so 1997.

Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Thanks copaup. Looks just what I was looking for. BTW, my '04 USP c has pat. pend. as well.

― John Adams

- Principal Skinner.

posted Hide Post
https://lagtactical.com/produc...defender-custom-shop

I can highly recommend. It's IWB or OWB depending your preference. I order their 0.93 thick Kydex. It feels higher quality.

Let know if you want a picture to drool over. Wink

Posts: 12 | Location: WA | Registered: April 15, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Thanks, got the gunfighter but I've acquired a USPc in 9mm as well. The Lag Tac looks good for IWB.

Lost 30 pounds, IWB is back on the table. Need to order new gun belts soon.

― John Adams

- Principal Skinner.