SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Anyone using an Alien Gear Shape Shifter Holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone using an Alien Gear Shape Shifter Holster Login/Join 
posted
I need a holster for my P320 I am planning to buy.

Does anyone use the Alien Gear Shape Shifter Holster?

I looks interesting, It comes with the parts to go from IWB to OWB etc.

https://aliengearholsters.com/

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have it. Primarily for IWB or ankle.

Depending on your belt, you might have to thread it through the clips on the holster.

I've been happy.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Swordknives
posted Hide Post
I have one for my shield, works pretty well and is comfortable. It is a little thicker that a leather or hybrid holster but does shape to my body pretty well. Ive been planning to get the conversion for my G19 too.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Posts: 1401 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Maybe not so fabulous after all
posted Hide Post
I have one with shells for the VP9 and the XD Service model. Have been using it IWB and it's extremely comfortable. I wore the XD all day last Saturday in a bunch of places.

Just make sure you test it out first to get the cant, ride height, and retention set the way you want it. I am still fiddling with the retention on mine to get it to the perfect sweet spot.

The only downside is that it takes a few minutes to put on. It's not a slip in the waistband and forget it like a Vedder or Concealment Express.

Posts: 127 | Registered: August 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several - IWB, ankle, and now a shoulder holster. I have shells for both the P320 Carry/Compact and the P365.

I use the C-clamp for the IWB. I'm getting another set of clamps, and might trim them back a little to add/remove from the belt a bit easier.

I've written about them in other threads. I'll highlight a bit on each type.

The ankle holster is the best I've felt. Like all other ankle holsters, it does have limitations - the ankle wrap portion won't work with a boot, but I think I can make another part for that if needed later.

The IWB is very comfortable for me. Like noted above, I'm looking to modify the C-clamp a bit.

The shoulder holster has a clip that goes under the belt on both sides to hold it down and against the body. I've had issues with other shoulder holsters because of my particular body shape. It has both a thumb release and a thumb strap depending on your preference.

I've not tried their OWB as it isn't a method I use often. The last time I did carry OWB was with a suit a few years back - this was before I even knew of Alien Gear's products.

Feel free to email me if you want additional information.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alien Gear makes a quality product. I ordered the Shape Shift Core Carry Pack a few months ago but, after trying it out, decided it was not for me. It was just too thick. That’s the price that you pay for the ability to “shape shift”, so to speak. I chose to go with holsters dedicated to one specific mode of carry. I’m a pretty skinny guy so a thick holster setup is almost impossible for me to wear discretely.

Posts: 177 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post