SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Quick on/off G19 (gen 2) owb holster recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick on/off G19 (gen 2) owb holster recommendation Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So I am looking at options for an owb holster that does not require unbuckling or undoing my belt to put on or take off. Thinking a clip on style. I have a comp-tac iwb that works well. But am looking for something owb. Recommendations? Thanks guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Find an OWB with snap loops. Much more secure than a clip-on holsters (whose clips can come off the belt), and also allows the body of the holster to sit closer to your body for easier concealment since you don't have the added bulk of the clip between the holster and you.

There are a number of quality leather holster makers who offer this style. Stuff like the Alessi CQC-S, Ritchie CQ-QR, UBG Regulator, RGrizzle Georgia Snap, TT Gunleather Snap/Elite Snap/High Ride Snap, etc.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
I moved this post over from your classified thread... I second the snap loop idea.

I love, love, love, my SW Special from Ronin Leather.

http://roninleatherholstersllc.com/swspecial.php

It sounds like exactly what you're looking for. For me, it also conceals better than belt slide equivalents.

I'm such a believer, that I'll happily lend you mine for a tryout... as long as you promise to get it back to me within a few weeks. Email me your address, if you're game.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A heads up for snap on holsters: Make sure the snaps are "pull the dot" type. I bought a snap on holster that did not use them and I found they had poor holding power.
RogueJSKs photo shows pull the dot snaps on that holster.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
A heads up for snap on holsters: Make sure the snaps are "pull the dot" type. I bought a snap on holster that did not use them and I found they had poor holding power.
RogueJSKs photo shows pull the dot snaps on that holster.

Definitely.

Any holster with snap belt loops, whether OWB or IWB, should be made with one-directional "Pull-the-Dot" snaps.

Basic snap closures (like on clothing) are not the same, and are not secure enough for holster use. They will come unsnapped from just the day-to-day moving and bumping around.

None of the holster makers that I'm familiar with use these basic snaps on their belt loops, but it's certainly something to check if ordering from a new holster maker.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
TT Gun Leather makes a excellent snap pancake holster I love mine!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Agree on TTGunLeather. The DDOO would fit the bill nicely. Cool

https://www.ttgunleather.com/p...ap-removable-pancake

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
I really like the Mitch Rosen Premier - either the Express or the Full Detail (have one of each for my Glock 26).

https://mitchrosen.com/order-o...49/category=10984035

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/dueTW-oY4Ho

I bought this holster for use at my last assignment
The paddle fits against my hip comfortably and I'm able to position the holster so that my arm naturally covers the gun.

The holster feels solid on my belt it doesn't wriggle back and forth like most clip type holsters do.
There's a clip that hooks under the belt to aid in retention simply pull down and out to take it off.
It's very low profile.

The etention device is very intuitive. A normal firing grip will deactivate it. I'm OK with that for concealed carry but I WOULDN'T choose this as an actual duty holster.

Remember Me When You Look At The Night Sky

Posts: 10 | Registered: January 26, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Safariland ALS models with QD forks are awesome for this kind of thing. A very large federal agency that sends people back and forth between New Mexico and New Jersey all the time uses them. I'll try to get a part number.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
If not for concealing, I find a good Kydex holster with the Blade Tech TekLok works well. CompTac now has a version of the TekLok. I use an LS Holster with TekLok for a CZ SP-01.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a necropost, but Milt Sparks OWB with the magnetic loops would be the ticket. Also, Safariland ALS with the QD forks would work (and has paddle and loop options).

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
Also, Safariland ALS with the QD forks would work (and has paddle and loop options).

Only if he's planning to open carry.

Safariland ALS holsters aren't concealment holsters by any stretch of the imagination to begin with, being too large and bulky to conceal under anything but a large jacket or coat. They're designed for duty/range/open carry use.

If you then add on the QLS male and female ends, causing the large and bulky holster to stand off the belt a further inch or so, it exacerbates the problem even more.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabi:
Agree on TTGunLeather. The DDOO would fit the bill nicely. Cool

https://www.ttgunleather.com/p...ap-removable-pancake

Yes! I have several of Tims holsters. Nothing like a good TT Gunleather holster.

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post