SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Best CCW belt for the money.... and go!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best CCW belt for the money.... and go! Login/Join 
Picture of 1MoreFord
posted Hide Post
I really like 14oz steel lined BigFoot Gunbelts.

https://gunbelts.com/

Joe

Posts: 12 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: January 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RTP
posted Hide Post
I've got 2 Kore Essential belts, one leather and one tactical and both are great. Having the ability to loosen and tighten quickly is great and having more size options than just the hole is awesome.

https://www.koreessentials.com/

Posts: 5 | Registered: October 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am partial to the Instructor belts. I like the Wilderness of course, but one that is a great value for the money is the Uncle Mikes Instructor belts. They are reinforced and you can get them in any color as long as it is black...

Posts: 4 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: October 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AH.74:
Leather- Beltman. I have them from both original and new owners. You won't be disappointed.

This. ^^^

Posts: 18 | Registered: October 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ORVIS. Not specifically a firearm carry belt. But very sturdy. A long time ago I had a walmart leather belt fail at the buckle..a word to the wise.

allen conrad

Posts: 20 | Registered: October 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Been wearing one for 4+ years...great quality!

https://armourbelts.com/

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Galco CB2 1 1/4" belt is a great low profile concealed carry belt. I bought 2 of them 6 years ago, thinking it might wear out quickly with daily use carrying an HK40C and double mag pouch. After hard use, the first one still isn't even close to showing signs of wear, and the unused other one is still hanging in my closet. The CB2 does a great job for a "narrow" belt, even when carrying a handgun, a double mag pouch and multiple AR magazine pouches while doing pistol and rifle drills. It's very comfortable and sturdy for discreet concealed carry.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
HUGE shout out to Mike at Armour!!!

Went round and around, waffling on which belt to get and went with the one he suggested.

It arrived Monday, but that was the day my mother passed away, so needless to say, things have been very busy here, and just now had a moment to open the package...

He sent me both belts!!!

I am absolutely floored!

Just called and spoke with Mike.

He was concerned about my order and wanted to make sure i was happy. I couldn't be more surprised!

Both belts are absolutely fantastic and I couldn't be more pleased.

They are both marked inside as having been made just for me. Smile

What a great way to bring some brightness to a terrible week.

Thank you, Mike!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
I just got an Emissary belt from Ciguera to try out. I’ve only worn it a couple times but so far I like it. We’ll see how it holds up.

https://ciguera.com/emissary-belt/

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
We have answered this question a thousand times.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I’ll chime-in for A&G Custom Gunleather. Check out their “Quick Ship” options. I’ve been wearing their belts for 5 years now.

https://agcustomgunleather.com/

Agreed. Top quality product.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another good word for Beltman! Late last Saturday night I decided that I couldn't put off ordering a real gun belt any longer because of The Troubles, so I searched various threads here for recommendations, and saw Beltman highly respected. Late to the party, I decided to order one of his "Quick Ship" belts with a stiffener insert, making a mental note to call Monday to verify it was in stock or change my order to fit their inventory.

Didn't have to wait for Monday, though. Early Sunday morning I got an e-mail from them verifying my size choice, and in my reply I asked when they would ship -- Monday morning! They ship Priority Mail, so it got here Wednesday, and was as good as I expected from reading about them here.

Thanks to all who posted favorably about Beltman.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beltman belts work very well for me.

Glad I gave them a try.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
HUGE shout out to Mike at Armour!!!

Went round and around, waffling on which belt to get and went with the one he suggested.

It arrived Monday, but that was the day my mother passed away, so needless to say, things have been very busy here, and just now had a moment to open the package...

He sent me both belts!!!

I am absolutely floored!

Just called and spoke with Mike.

He was concerned about my order and wanted to make sure i was happy. I couldn't be more surprised!

Both belts are absolutely fantastic and I couldn't be more pleased.

They are both marked inside as having been made just for me. Smile

What a great way to bring some brightness to a terrible week.

Thank you, Mike!

Another vote for Armour Belts. Fantastic, high quality product and folks behind it. The first one I bought was made by his dad, before he passed the business on to Mike. I also, cannot say enough to adequately convey how proud I am to support these great people.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades;
Master of None
Picture of Tomkat
posted Hide Post
Akers and Beltman were my preferred and I still like and use them. My two Akers leather belts have maintained their stiffness longer.

My preferred non-leather was always Wilderness until I came across Kore Essentials. Now, I have two nylon and two leather Kore Essentials. They have held up great and the adjustability because of their adjustment system is, in my opinion, unmatched. Heck, with these, you can make adjustments that correspond with how much you eat at a meal.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I have a "Hank's Belt's" available from Amazon. After about a year and a half of use, the pants began to sag ... even when not carrying the gun.

I went back to my old Cobra Belt, and with about 6 years of use, it doesn't look as pretty as when new, but still does what it should. I used to buy these belts at the local gun show as 'blems" for $20.00. I have accumulated more than a few over the years, but some must have shrunk over time, just like my favorite pants! It's a clothing conspiracy I tell ya !!

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the Galco CB2 Contour Belt. It's been my primary belt for on duty and concealed carry for over 15 years. When I first decided to try out this belt, I bought two of them; I still haven't worn out the first belt - and that's a belt that has been used to carry an HK USP40C and 2 magazines of .40 S&W every day. It's a great belt for any size firearm, and it's such a low profile dress belt that it doesn't attract attention even though it's supporting significant weight.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Nexbelt. Im a fan of the ratching design. You can adjust to the size of different carry guns

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I like the Nexbelt. Im a fan of the ratching design. You can adjust to the size of different carry guns

I like mine too. It's possible there are nicer belts but w/ the ratchet system, I can't go back to anything else.
I would be curious about the Kore belts that do the same thing but my Nexbelt works so well, my curiosity is fleeting. My next belt(s) will most likely be Nexbelts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dsiets,

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtrtsqrt11:
I am partial to the Instructor belts. I like the Wilderness of course, but one that is a great value for the money is the Uncle Mikes Instructor belts. They are reinforced and you can get them in any color as long as it is black...

The Instructor belt from Wilderness is the original, all the others that look similar are merely me too copies.

I've been wearing them for around 16 years and it appears they'll last a lifetime.

https://www.thewilderness.com/belts/

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post