SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    New 229 legion - holster recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 229 legion - holster recommendation Login/Join 
posted
Picked this up and wanting to appendix carry it, what holster do you all recommend?

Got the DA/SA vs the SAO just could not warm up to the safety on the SAO and the trigger on the DA/SA is soooooo smooth really like it.

thanks for any recommendations.

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the Wing Claw 2.5 from JM Custom.
Very happy with the comfort and fit.
https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/c/AIWB-Holsters.html

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good option....thank you

posted Hide Post
Everything from JM Custom Kydex is wonderfully-made, so I second babue’s recommendation. If you have a waist measurement of 32” or smaller, however, you may want to consider the JM Custom Kydex George. I may never learn to like AIWB, for all-day carry, but the George has been the best AIWB rig, for any blocky, wide-body auto, that I have ever tried.

Notably, some bigger guys like the George, too. I started liking the George when my waist size was 32”, and it remains the best* choice, with a bit of an increase in my size.

Even so, the ~0300 carry position, perhaps a bit farther forward, is still my favored position, which brings me to my favored Kydex holster for 0300, outside the trousers, the JM Custom Kydex OWB. I prefer a straight-vertical carry angle; your preference may vary.

JM Custom Kydex is known to be responsive to requests for advice.

*In my personal case, “best” AIWB choice is really the “least bad” choice, as I have never found an all-day rig that will make any Glock truly comfortable, inside my waistband, forward of the hips. My George, for the G19, is couple-of-hours rig, not an all-day rig. My George, for an SP101, remains comfortable, for a longer time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rexster,

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Jm Custom recommendation cool, trying to decide which one still....thanks

posted Hide Post
JM custom all the way! I carry my full-size HK USP .40 with their appendix holster with the flat muzzle pad best appendix holster I’ve tried. I started with several T-Rex, Dara, and Vedder models and JM custom is the best!

Also I forgot to mention I did email JM custom about my P229 Legion .357 sig and they said as long as I do the rail and select .40/.357 sig it will fit! Unlike most kydex makers that only make them for the 9mm P229 the .40/.357 sig models are larger and won’t fit…

Posts: 119 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post