SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Did anyone else's gunbelts shrink during 2021?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did anyone else's gunbelts shrink during 2021? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
I think my P239 and IWB holster swelled up some, too. Frown

It must be the climate change. The Wuflu. Inflation. Shortages.

Posts: 13454 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I think my P239 and IWB holster swelled up some, too. Frown

It must be the climate change. The Wuflu. Inflation. Shortages.
I opted for a thinner pistol instead of a bigger belt! Big Grin

Posts: 3725 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might be the reason I see so many "should I go OWB" posts in forums.

In the day, when polyester doubleknits were popular, a lot of us noticed as time went by there seemed to be some shrinkage. And the more you wore them, and washed them, the more they shrank.

This led to a theory on my part that like cotton and wool, polyester shrinks. Which churns the clothing market to buy new items. And you discover that yesteryears fashion is now out - or, as some said, "WTH happened to the leisure suits? I can't find any!"

It seems tall running sox that nearly went over your knees with color stripes disappeared, too, along with the shortest running shorts ever seen in morning formations. Running in the Army was literally an exercise of the blind leading the blind. What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Now it's camp shirts, shorts down to the calf, and flip flops. Year round here, I can guarantee someone will slide into an auto parts store over packed ice, run in skating on the wet floor, and get a set of wiper blades to ask the clerk to install. They wore a hoodie to stay warm. Camp shirt, calf length shorts, flops. When it gets really bad and the SO won't shovel the walk to the car port, then the $250 Keen mountain boots break out. They get about two miles of wear a year.

Some of them are now complaining that they have discovered polyester shrinks. "My XXL fav T shirt is too small!" Well Bruh I don't think TAD is gonna offer a XXXL. Then again the last cop that came in, nvrmnd. I thought it was some kind of force bias thing, cops getting shorter but wider. Now I think it's just picking folks who fit the standard issue sizes.

Polyester shrinks. But wait: This year there are synthetic leather STRETCH BELTS! Problem solved!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gen...Tall-Sizes/437115258

Up to size 52!

Posts: 153 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it has been more of a retirement thing, and dealing with a sometimes-bad knee, and adapting to a fundamental change in footwear, than anything panic-demic, but I did buy longer belts in 2020/2021. The newer type of shoes are putting less stress on my knees and back, but require gradually re-building strength in my feet. (Orthotics, and shoes that “support” the arches, can divert stress to the knees and back. Fortunately, I have already started wearing belts a little bit tighter, by now.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3165 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Between one thing and another both my gym routine and my diet went clear off the rails in 2021, so, yeah: I'm now at the point where I've just enough room in my 36 in. waist jeans for IWB carry.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
"The dominant media is no more ``mainstream`` than leftists are liberals." -- me

Posts: 21998 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I actually lost an inch or two since 2020. I gave up alcohol completely and now I'm working on limiting sugary drinks and caffeine.

I got myself one of those fancy ratcheting belts, so I just have to take it in a few more clicks.

Posts: 6928 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Yep, mine did. That’s why I bought a Peloton bike, I’ve heard they can make the belt expand.

Posts: 2257 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've lost 44 lbs. Waiting for my shoe/boot guy to get his new punch in so that he can shorten my belts.

NRA Member

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Posts: 17 | Location: Tulsa County, Oklahoma | Registered: June 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post