SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Blackside Belt buckles.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blackside Belt buckles. Login/Join 
posted
Going to buy one just curious if anyone has any good bad or indifferent feedback.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I don't even know what that is.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
https://www.monkeyedge.com/Bla...-p/bsc0001-mr141.htm

“Ordnance grade” brass.
“Functional piece of art.”
“Licensed” stainless steel tri wing fasteners.
$159.99.

Aluminum: $129.99.
Carbon fiber and titanium: $299.99.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They look really cool and I might be tempted to buy one. Problem is that the advertising promises modularity and different tools, part combinations etc, however, a search did not reveal a website of their own. So, I couldn't figure out how to get a decent idea of what all they offer? Just random sellers who carry limited buckles of theirs...where do you buy accessories and what are they?

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$159 bucks? Yike!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orthogonal
posted Hide Post
These are a guitar player's worst nightmare!

Posts: 519 | Registered: May 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The point escapes me entirely.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25987 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The point is just because. My wife doesn’t think I need as many guns as I have, but I do. I’m was just curious if anyone had any experience with them. The money seems steep I just wonder if it’s worth it. They have a Facebook page that I follow and some other accessories I’m interested in.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orthogonal:
These are a guitar player's worst nightmare!

Indeed

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I don't see what the practical advantage would be and personally think it's f ugly as all get out. Might get a little attention towards your man parts, if you're so inclined.
Other than that, it's also kind of expensive.
Might want to use some Loctite on all those fasteners too.

Posts: 9439 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I can think of numerous better ways to spend $160

Posts: 26846 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm one of those people who will, sometimes, buy something just on a whim, but this doesn't seem to have any practical use over a regular buckle and the price for one of these seems pretty outrageous.

Bob

Posts: 1557 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
The money seems steep I just wonder if it’s worth it.

It can only be "worth it" if it impresses the owner. Most of us won't look and on me I couldn't even see it.

(sigh)

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
I'm one of those people who will, sometimes, buy something just on a whim, but this doesn't seem to have any practical use over a regular buckle and the price for one of these seems pretty outrageous.

Bob

Exactly, what does this do that a regular buckle doesn't?

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:

Bob

Exactly, what does this do that a regular buckle doesn't?

It lightens your wallet considerably. A regular buckle doesn't.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post