SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Is IWB carry no longer needed?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is IWB carry no longer needed? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
In VA, if you intend to CCW, and don’t succeed, it causes occasional citizen panic. If you carry openly, no one seems to call the police.

I conceal, but find IWB impossible to enjoy. Buying pants 2 inches too large makes the crotch fit and rise dimensions larger than required. OWB makes it so easy.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 4334 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
I carry OWB with just an untucked T-shirt. Comes down to finding the right holster on a good stiff gunbelt. Best of both worlds.

I OWB a Glock 26 or HK VP9SK but hide it under a shirt. A sharp-eyed person might see the vague outline. The squeamish are not offended as they don’t notice the slight protrusion.

Posts: 617 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xray 99:

I OWB a Glock 26 or HK VP9SK but hide it under a shirt. A sharp-eyed person might see the vague outline. The squeamish are not offended as they don’t notice the slight protrusion.

Once TX changed their rules on open carry I don't worry about printing anymore. Wink

Posts: 10959 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The will nourished tend to complain a lot concerning carry methods. For myself I am not a proponent of open carry. That's me but others see it differently, thus each to their own applies.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
Has IWB become like cutting off the ham by Granma? Tradition handed down without the reason? Granma had a small pan, cutting the ham was the only way to fit. Get Granma a bigger pan and it's fixed. We changed the laws a lot about carry, are we still suffering with IWB out of tradition instead of need?

IWB is as popular as it's ever been due to the fact that it work, and it works very well.

Posts: 7026 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry concealed as opposed to open carry. My view point is I do not want to draw attention to myself by open carry of a weapon.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Florida open carry is generally illegal, which makes no never mind to me.I carry concealed, and probably always will.

I am headed to Texas for a few weeks, but, though I "think" I could carry openly there, I just don't want to do that. I hope not to need to use my firearm, but if I do, I want it to be as much of a surprise to the bad guy(s) as possible.

Bob

Posts: 1185 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I very seldom see anyone open carrying in Texas, other than a lawman.

Posts: 26151 | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post