SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Targets which can be struck?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Targets which can be struck? Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
Any suggestions for targets, preferably 3D, which can be struck and shot?

Posts: 5705 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Try some of the self-healing polymer balls and cubes, like these from Do-All:

https://doalloutdoors.com/coll...self-healing-targets

(Also sold by several other companies.)

They're good for many hundreds of rounds, and will bounce and roll to let you know when you make a good hit. Even when they eventually gets too chewed up, they're like $20 to replace.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I meant for use while practicing a draw - more like a training dummy.

Posts: 5705 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“Struck” how?
What—exactly—is it you’re trying to do, and how do you intend to use the targets?

If you want to practice hitting the target with your fist at close distances and then drawing and shooting at it, there are some mannequin-type targets made of rubber/polymer that could be used. Below is one example, but the others I’ve seen were about the same price, as I recall.

https://rubberdummies.myshopif...ections/all-products

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That is what we were looking for.