SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    what did you qual with the last time you renewed?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what did you qual with the last time you renewed? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Springfield XD Sub-Compact 40

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Walther PPQ M2 in 9mm.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Initial qual (no requal needed for renewal unless it has lapsed); class provided G19.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like hudr I had no range time with renewal. My original qualification was with a Sig P220 Compact 45acp.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
p229 .357 Sig

Kentucky is has constitutional CCW but I still renew my permit. Qualification is also not required at renewal.

Posts: 39 | Location: SOKY | Registered: March 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
P226R SAO in 9mm. I still can't believe I was lucky enough to find one of these (not the Legion version)! Having the components necessary to convert this to .40 S&W or .357 Sig only makes it better.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My pen?

PA doesn't make you qualify for the initial or the renewal.

Do you have to pass a test to vote? I didn't think so...

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
Springfield Armory "Loaded" 1911

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Les Baer 4.25" in 45ACP.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Did you mean 'qualify' as in a police officer doing required retesting, or a citizen renewing a concealed carry license in a state requiring such an onerous hurdle to exercise a Constitutional Right?

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK .40 Compact, with LEM trigger. Not to sidetrack your thread, but it may help other Sigforum members considering getting a CCL in Illinois to know what kind of time delays to expect from the IL State Police CCL processing unit. I completed my range qualification for the Illinois Concealed Carry License in September 28, 2020. I submitted my IL CCL application and fingerprints online (which is by law supposed to guarantee processing in 90 days or less) on October 2, 2020. Just last month, September 2021 - 11 months and 22 days later - I finally received my IL Concealed Carry License. It also took the State of Illinois 9 months and 4 days to renew my FOID card.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Last renewal it wasn't required. Previously used my P228, one round short on the 15 yard segment of a perfect score.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
HK VP9. (PA Act 235)

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Handgun qualifications in chronological order:
1911 - 1985
M9 - last was 2002.
G19 - CCW - 2012?
Debit card - CCW renewal.

Last firearm I shot: Canik TP9SF October 2020 with three Promag magazines, no issues. Breaking it in.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gwdex
posted Hide Post
Sig P220 SAS, and Glock21SF.

Posts: 205 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For my LEOSA, I shot my FNS-9C and S&W 442. Shot the same course as the active deputies do.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly:
For my LEOSA, I shot my FNS-9C and S&W 442. Shot the same course as the active deputies do.

Iowa has the same rules, 50 rds working in from 25 yds. I shoot my G-19 for LEOSA qual, none required for my IA permit.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
My last weapons qual was in 2013. M4 carbine and M9 Beretta. As a civilian it's actually easier. Of all the things NY makes you do, there is no weapon qual needed for CCW.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No qualifying or renewal required here, lifetime license. Hopefully, we will get Constitutional Carry this year.

Posts: 17 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
P229 357 Sig with AD serial. A awesome shooter.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1905 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post