SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Carry suggestions for people with certain injury/health issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carry suggestions for people with certain injury/health issues Login/Join 
posted
Thank you in advance to the Great Sig Forum members.
I am looking for a more comfortable carry option, I currently carry a P365, in a Thunderwear holster, and it is okay but here is my problem. I have a torn acl, 3 broken bones in my ankle that is too bad with arthritis to be repaired in anyway other than to have it fused. After carrying for more than an hour it really makes the knee and leg very sore. I live in florida, and I have tried at leasy a dozen holsters, this so far is the best but I am Very open to suggestions. Thank you all again

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry the P365 after trying a few IWB holsters. It always rides in a pocket sheath like a Sickey Holster that covers the trigger and will stay in the pocket. Most of my normal apparel has pockets deep enough for this mode of carry. The typical issue with pocket carry is difficulty drawing when seated.
I also have a selection of trousers and shorts from CCW Breakaways.
https://ccwbreakaways.com/
They have dedicated holster pockets that break away from the waistband to allow a draw even when seated.
Don't know if this approach would help with your situation, but good luck in your search.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 955 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
If the pocket carry idea isn't your cuppa, Crossbreed holsters has a 20% off Labor Day sale on at the moment, and their modular belly band holster could be a good fit:

https://www.crossbreedholsters...l?ref=fp-top-sellers

You could also consider a shoulder holster as long as you research the associated caveats.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too vote for the shoulder rig.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having some fairly serious spine issues I have switched exclusively to appendix carry. Granted it isn’t for everyone but I have grown to appreciate it. I carry a Shield Plus in a black label holsters aiwb rig and its awesome. He has since had his own health issues though and is only turning out holsters occasionally, but the 365 is normally on his list. I would give that serious consideration.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all very much, I appreciate the help. I do pocket carry when I have on pants with deep pockets, and I love to use shoulder holster ( no pain) but Its difficult here in SW Fl. with the heat to wear something over it. Thank you all for your help

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
You didn't mention what type of belt you are using.

When I started concealed carrying, I used a cheap belt. It would sag with my pistol on it, and at the end of the day, my back would ache.

I followed the suggestions from members here, and bought a dedicated gun belt. There are many options, but I bought a 1.75" belt from Armour belts. Amazingly, my back pain went away, the belt didn't sag, and I could carry my stainless P220 without even knowing it was there. A night and day difference. Many years later, and the belt still works very well.

All that to say, you may want to look into a good belt, if you don't have one already.

Good luck!

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
This is far from ideal, but on my bad days, I carry a 43C, with flat nosed rounds.

If I’m not quite as bad, I carry an air weight j frame. (I have issues with racking most slides)

FN57s are light enough to be very easy to carry, Ruger 57s have a bit less vibration.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thunderwear holster

I like to use the Concealment Solutions OWB Cobra holster, it's much better IMO then any IWB holster but still keeps it concealed since I don't tuck in my shirts.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a SIG P365X that I carry in a Sticky pocket holster around town, but if I'm going to drive any distance I'll use an Azula OWB cross draw leather holster. It rides high enough to be comfy long term. It took some fiddling with it to get it just right, i.e., stretching the holster with wax paper over the gun inserted into the holster, took about a week. Next, the two belt slots at the rear were really tight so I crammed two phillips screw drivers into the slots simultaneously to stretch the slots, also took about a week. Now it's a great holster and only cost $50 online.

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 01, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post