SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Does Anyone Here Use A Belly Band Type Holster?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anyone Here Use A Belly Band Type Holster? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Looking for some ideas here. I just cannot get into belt carry no matter how much I try.

Current carry guns are Keltec P3AT and PF9

The P3AT is fine to pocket carry which is my go-to carry method but the PF9 is a little more challenging for pocket carry and I'm looking into a Belly Band type carry method. I can pocket the PF9 in my khakis just barely but in jeans, fuggedabout it.

Looking to see if anyone had any experience with them?

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Yes, desantis brand band, with my Walther PPS. I wore it at my belt line. It works well, but not the fastest for drawing.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.smartcarry.com/ has several different options, though heavy guns are likely to sag a little. It's great deep concealment, no one is going to spot your gun.

This works great with my LCP or G-43X and a spare mag:

https://www.smartcarry.com/gun-mag-holster

As was already pointed out, it's not the fastest for drawing but beats not carrying.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Crossbreed. Its modular and the holsters for it are Velcro backed Kydex. This makes for a more secure carry and the added bonus of being able to attach the holster to Velcro equipped packs and bags. Great quality and service too.
I dont wear it often because my body shape (IOW, fat) makes it less effective for me.
YMMV.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Alien gear set up for my Kahr P380. I use it when I am going to be more active for the day. I think alot depends on your body type when it comes to belly bands. I wear mine right above my belt line, i.e. i don't have the band below the top hem of my shorts/jeans.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just noticed a Praetorian holster,looks interesting.

Posts: 13 | Registered: November 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I tried one for a while but found it too warm during the summers here and since I wanted the same setup summer and winter, I decided to go another way.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I wear a Cross Breed belly band with a Ruger LCR when I ride my mountain bike for exercise at 0400 hrs. (Not this time of year, too cold) It holds very securely and is very comfortable.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
I've been using the Comforttac bellyband holster for about a year now and I will never go back to the iwb leather or kydex system. This has been the most comfortable carry system that I have ever worn. I carry a Sig 365 or a 365XL in it and use it for every day carry in street clothes and for jogging. Works like a champ and does not dig in or chafe me like all of the others.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I both have the Comforttac Belly Bands. She always uses it, I sometimes use another holster depending on how I am dressed.

But the Comforttac is the most comfortable belly band I have ever seen. It is easy to carry a Glock 42 (it just disappears) and in the same rig, an LCR revolver or my P365.

It is fantastic!

Bob

Posts: 1572 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m if the belief no one gun or carry method fits all occasions. I have a few ‘belly bands’ for deeper cover, lighter gun.

They can be great for sitting & driving too.

Yes, can take more time to get at, ok with me under most circumstances.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have been using a Alien Gear belly band with a couple different Alien Gear IWB holsters. I like it.
Works good for me since I like to wear sweat pants and no belt. It also helps if you have a belly, The band can stay above the belly or below, and anywhere on your torso. Great for driving.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I use the Crossbreed. Its modular and the holsters for it are Velcro backed Kydex. This makes for a more secure carry and the added bonus of being able to attach the holster to Velcro equipped packs and bags. Great quality and service too.
I dont wear it often because my body shape (IOW, fat) makes it less effective for me.
YMMV.

I walk my dog with one of theirs sometimes. I like how the “tail” of the band wraps back over the holstered firearm to add a little more security and concealment. I’ve changed my carry options just by changing their holster and it’s convenient.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comfort Tac for my Sig 938. It'll carry an even heavier or larger pistol. Comfortable but like mentioned it may be slow to draw? Recommended to try as it's inexpensive. Even in a t-shirt it conceals well.

Posts: 112 | Registered: May 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
During Hurricane Sandy, I spent a lot of time in sweats, or shorts, and waders. I carried in a belly band holster. I found it do-able, but uncomfortable. There's an awful lot of perspiration going on under that belly band.

After my crisis ended, I experimented with the 5.11 conceal carry t shirts and found them to be more comfortable.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got an email from smartcarry.com with these deals that end Sunday the 28th:

Valentine's Sale - Sharing the love with two ways to save!

Buy one get one half off with code- VDAYBOGO

or

15% off one holster with code- VDAY15

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:
During Hurricane Sandy, I spent a lot of time in sweats, or shorts, and waders. I carried in a belly band holster. I found it do-able, but uncomfortable. There's an awful lot of perspiration going on under that belly band.

After my crisis ended, I experimented with the 5.11 conceal carry t shirts and found them to be more comfortable.
. I used to work a surveillance assignment riding a bike. Had a 228 on one side and a portable radio with ear piece on the other. That 5.11 shirt was great, still have it.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Yes the DeSantis or the Galco belly bands.

I like the Galco better.

I also have a leather vest with inside pockets angled to carry pistols and spare magazines..

I do prefer IWB in a good custom holster and a good leather belt made by one of our holster makers here on the board (thanks Countryboy).

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
https://www.smartcarry.com/ has several different options, though heavy guns are likely to sag a little. It's great deep concealment, no one is going to spot your gun.

This works great with my LCP or G-43X and a spare mag:

https://www.smartcarry.com/gun-mag-holster

As was already pointed out, it's not the fastest for drawing but beats not carrying.

+1 I often carry a P239 w/ spare mag in a Smartcarry.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of Smartkarry, Kangaroo, and TRUSS.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post