SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Carry for skinny girl in yoga pants
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carry for skinny girl in yoga pants Login/Join 
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted
Hi my wife is in need of suggestions to carry her 43x w/tlr 6. I’m thinking belly band but we are having a hard time deciding which one and finding one that works with the TLR6. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2243 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't wear yoga pants and I'm not skinny, but www.smartcarry.com works under my regular pants one size larger than usual. No lights on my LCP, PM9, or G-43X.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
random internet search found this.
no idea if they're quality or not.

https://tacticafashion.com/gun...sters-for-women.html

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Check out 'Armed and Styled' on YouTube. The lady who runs that channel is very thin & petite and shares her views on concealed carry among other aspects of guns & shooting.

Here's one vid to get your wife started.

Disclosure: she recommends the Enigma as her go-to holster, but she's also sponsored by them. Whether she recommended them before or after they sponsored her, I don't know.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
They make bra holsters that look pretty slick. Might be something she'd consider.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it would accommodate the light but I bought a Phlster Enigma for my wife about 6 months ago and she loves me more because of it. I tried to find hate for it but as much as I looked I could only find praise so I picked one up for her and she said it really is all that. I also told a buddy about them and he loves it too.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My former GF was built similar to the chick in the video. 5/1, 95 pounds and size 0.
She went with a Kangaroo Carry rig that worked well for her. Her gun was a single stack Beretta 380.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.americanfirearms.org/belly-band-holsters/

Belly Band!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Another YouTube channel to check out is "She Equips Herself."

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. That philster company looks good but they don’t sell one for a tlr6. They really out a lot of helpful videos out about their stuff.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2243 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheeze:
Thanks guys. That philster company looks good but they don’t sell one for a tlr6. They really out a lot of helpful videos out about their stuff.

You can mount a wide variety of holsters to the Enigma. It's a great system, you just have to be open to appendix carry

My wife carries a gun every day. What works well for her may not work for someone else. I asked her for some suggestions from our circle of friends.

Pam said start out with Style me Tactical

She also suggested both Lynn Givens (her husband and instructor extraordinaire is a forum member) and Tatiana Whitlock. Both women are attractive and of small stature and stylish.

She also strongly suggested The Well Armed Woman

I'm not sure but I think I also heard her say something about until men grow boobs they shouldn't be giving carry advice to women.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
I have carried in a fanny pack for years. In a touristy location, or even generally in the west, it is not out of place. Mine is not black, not tacti-cool looking at all. I sew a National Park patch on it for camouflage.

People who might guess what it is don't matter. Police and other law abiding citizens I don't care if they suspect it might not be just my phone and wallet.

On body may be better in some circumstances for sure. But for many uses the fanny pack is perfect.

Disclaimer: I'm an old dude without boobs.

Posts: 9400 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
random internet search found this.
no idea if they're quality or not.

https://tacticafashion.com/gun...sters-for-women.html

My favorite holster-their belly band especially in summer clothes. Molded for your particular gun, easy access.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PHLster Enigma is probably a good bet. They make a version that is just a platform to attach your own kydex to (this is actually the "original" version). It will be a little pricey, but it will probably work very well.

I also second Armed and Styled as a good source for carry information for women.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the enigma. It's a little overkill, and I don't like the idea of a leg leash. I spend 90% of my days in track pants and tee shirts, and I've tried all the belly band type holsters. I've settled on the Brave Response version. It is very comfortable and very secure. It is all cloth, so it forms to the body and holds the gun tight and it includes a spot for a spare mag.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gentleone
posted Hide Post
+1 to Fanny pack

Posts: 485 | Location: SE Houston, TX | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
@ChigagoSigMan How do those Brave Response holsters work? They list appendix and regular holsters, but I cannot see how to reload if they are used at 3-5 o clock.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
I'm not sure but I think I also heard her say something about until men grow boobs they shouldn't be giving carry advice to women.

By those standards, I'm starting to be qualified to give advice now sadly

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
I have carried in a fanny pack for years. In a touristy location, or even generally in the west, it is not out of place. Mine is not black, not tacti-cool looking at all. I sew a National Park patch on it for camouflage.

People who might guess what it is don't matter. Police and other law abiding citizens I don't care if they suspect it might not be just my phone and wallet.

On body may be better in some circumstances for sure. But for many uses the fanny pack is perfect.

Disclaimer: I'm an old dude without boobs.

This. I have a flat one and it disappears under an untucked shirt.
I bought one of those little kydex trigger guard things and tied a lanyard to it.
Put the Fanny pack belt portion though the loop and attach the clip around my waist.
I quickly unzip and rip the gun out. Kydex trigger guard stays attached to the Fanny pack that way the trigger is always covered in the pack.

The 43X with a light will fit in the Lululemon pack and she will look just like every other woman in yoga pants already carrying one.
https://shop.lululemon.com/p/b...lor=47780&sz=ONESIZE

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I carry in a fanny pack at the gym. It doesn't seem out of place considering I have my membership card, glucose (Diabetes 2), music, etc. in there. Never have been given a second look.

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post