SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Where To Find Trigger Guard Covers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where To Find Trigger Guard Covers? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Dustin Osborn made some great trigger guard covers, that provided a measure of safety when a "real" holster could not be used.

They covered the trigger in your pocket, or they could be attached with Velcro or other means to the inside of a shoulder bag or purse.

Dustin, unfortunately, is no longer in the picture. I'm looking for a source for similar trigger guard covers. Does anybody know where to find them?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30521 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Raven Concealment makes a trigger guard holster, basically a trigger guard with a belt clip on it. They also make one with lanyard. Its under their "Vanguard" line.

https://rcsgear.com/holsters/by-series/vanguard

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9667 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mike.

They have a pretty limited selection.

One of the handguns that I would like to protect this way is a Ruger LCR (.357) that is usually carried in a Wilderness SafePacker.

Also, SeeCamp .32, for pocket carry.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30521 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I have one for a P365 from Detroit Holster that I'm pleased with. They offer multiple flavors depending on your needs/wants. Beyond the Std model, they an 'Adjustable Retention' version as well a 'Delux' version that also covers the muzzle end of the slide. The Trigger Guard Holster can also be customized for draw hand, which moves the Mag Release cover to the opposite side for lefties, and the Kydex is available in multiple colors/patterns as well.

https://www.detroitholster.com/store/product/dix/

I got the Std version for my P365 in Carbon Fiber Armor Black, and I'm quite pleased with it. Just FYI - My P365 has the Armory Craft Extended Mag Release Button, and the Std. version works just fine with it.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought one on Etsy for my Ruger American Compact 9mm. $14.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have a couple "Mic holsters", but their site says they're closed as of mid Sept '21 due to covid. Not good.

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Boraii makes a great pocket holster/trigger guard. Inexpensive also.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have two from Black Rhino Concealment. The first one had to be reformed to be more snug to my gun, but the second one I got fit perfectly. I think they are $26

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
All over eBay.

Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Mic I think is the original maker of trigger guard holsters. I have 15-20 of them for all my Glocks, LC9 and several J-frame smiths and a few others.

They are truly it for Glocks as they fit tight and have a good tight snap fit.

I tried one of Dustins back in the day to try and support him and his never fit my smith j frame correctly and as much as I tried I could just never get it form to fit tightly and have the snap fit that I am used to from the MICS so I never went looking for other sources.

Mic has added a whole bunch of guns to its line up. Have never had a bad fitting one from them.

http://www.themicholster.com/

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Can't see anything on the Mic website other than "we're closed because Virus." Frown

Do you recall his cost, for trigger guard covers?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Seem to remember around $25ea. Didn't even look at the link to see they weren't open.

They also were selling on other sites years ago, maybe Amazon or fleebay. Might try a google search for Mics and see what pops up. I can attest to the quality but not the availability... Smile...and its been a few years since my last purchase.

for Glucks,
https://www.amazon.com/MIC-Hol...ention/dp/B00J0QTY70

https://www.rockyourglock.com/parts/GlockTech.htm

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I like the Raven Concealment Vanguards. I use my own paracord rather than their little string they give you.

I got a few of them during their black Friday sale last year when they were $9 each.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I ran across this site today. They may have what you are looking for:

https://www.clipdraw.com/

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2827 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

Yes, that is the type of thing that I'm looking for, but none of the handguns that I want are listed on the website. I sent them an email, will see what their response (if any) is.

Looking for Colt 1911 GI Model, H&K P7 (yeah, fat chance!), Ruger LCR .357, and various SIG models: P228, P239, P245, and P938.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

Yes, that is the type of thing that I'm looking for, but none of the handguns that I want are listed on the website. I sent them an email, will see what their response (if any) is.

Looking for Colt 1911 GI Model, H&K P7 (yeah, fat chance!), Ruger LCR .357, and various SIG models: P228, P239, P245, and P938.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ have seen them for the 1911s" that slip behind the grip handle.... ............ drill sgt.

Posts: 1938 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
have seen them for the 1911s" that slip behind the grip handle
I think that you're referring to the waistband clip thing; I'm looking for a trigger cover.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
have seen them for the 1911s" that slip behind the grip handle
I think that you're referring to the waistband clip thing; I'm looking for a trigger cover.
^^^^^ Sorry not remembering what th op was looking for.. Saw clipdraw webpage and let the fingers get to the keyboard before the brain was engaged ................ drill sgt.

Posts: 1938 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saw clipdraw webpage and let the fingers get to the keyboard before the brain was engaged
No worries. Anyone who has not had a "senior moment," raise your hand.

Hah! I don't see any hands raised.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Mine came from Dale Fricke holsters. It's called the Zach, I think. He's a retired cop turned preacher.

https://dalefrickeholsters.com

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post