SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Holster Fit Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster Fit Question Login/Join 
Picture of hi-power man
posted
solution in lower post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hi-power man,

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
That would be a no go for me, but I'm pretty firm on only using holsters made for the specific weapon. Too much of the trigger guard is exposed and the molding for the ejection port is way below the actual ejection port. It would bug me from an aesthetic standpoint and I'd be concerned about proper retention, especially as time goes on and the leather stretches a bit.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I agree with copaup.
P228 & 229's should fit that and are a popular gun. I'd sell it as there is a big market and buy the right one for his gun.

Posts: 9494 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I agree about the trigger guard issue. I can't tell about the ejection port because of the reinforcing band. Thanks for the feedback, I now have some better points to discuss him with.

Another point I missed is his 245 has a square front trigger guard. That may be why the small amount of the rear is not seated inside the holster.

The holster is mine, up for sale in classifieds. The P245 is a recent purchse he made.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hi-power man,

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d have no issues using that holster for that gun. The trigger is covered, front and rear, and the entire rig is supposed to be inside your pants.
Ideal? No. Serviceable? Yes.

Posts: 275 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually agree with BOTH opposing viewpoints. Short term use probably no issues, provided the gun draws clean and has proper retention. Long term, especially with significant draw or draw/fire use, something is going to wear abnormally. Dunno what (if anything) that would result in.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
I only use a holster that is specific for that pistol. I'm pretty firm about that. Too much risk associated with not having it be precise.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. Steve has decided to order a holster.