SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Open and/or Concealed Carry: Bib Front Overalls?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Open and/or Concealed Carry: Bib Front Overalls? Login/Join 
posted
Out at lunch, here in East Texas. See an open carry in bib front overalls. It's a medium to large frame semi-auto in a nylon thumb break holster clipped in the pocket or the side button location, most definitely at "low ready position", laughably canted out, swinging, etc.

This got me to thinking about what would be the ideal method for concealed or open carry in bib front overalls, shoulder holster? What would work best?

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my seamstress sew jean belt loops onto mine that take a 1.5 inch belt. Looks odd. Works great!
Other suggestion:
Sew a velcro panel onto the inside of the bib and use a velcro holster to carry the gun.
But it would have to be a lightweight gun!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Belly band would work.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Bib overalls would seem to be perfect for a snub nose revolver, subcompact or micro pistol in a pocket holster.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Depends upon what you wish to carry and whether it'd be worth your time to customize the overalls.

Stock overalls? A small, single-stack 380 or 9mm in a pocket for concealed or something bigger in a shoulder rig.

Customized? I've never worn bib overalls, so I'm just guessing, and it'd depend upon your shape. If my stomach was flat enough I might try for a holster pocket sewn into the inside just below the ribs? Similar to a belly band?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Chest rig. Carrying w/o a quality holster, just not smart.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Mossberg 500 with an extended tube.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of ... what were they called ... thunder drawers ?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post