SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
P938 OWB with a polo shirt.

Posts: 449 | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220; approved and authorized for carry since 15 August 1996. For the last 4 years, more often than not, in a 5 Shot Leather SME AIWB. Initially since 96, I used a Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB or a Wilson Combat Rapid Response OWB until back concerns led me to go AIWB. The SME has been a life (back) saver.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: madmatt,

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
For the last 3 years, more often than not, in a 5 Shot Leather SME AIWB.

The SME is an absolutely beautiful work of art ! ! !

Unfortunately, I am not of the correct shape for AIWB, otherwise that would be also my choice. Perhaps (again) someday...

That being said, my first and favorite is a P239 Gen 1 SAS 9mm DAK in a BRL Clip & Go at 3:15 Smile

http://www.bigriverleather.com/iwbinthewaistband.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ersatzknarf,

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
P938 in a pocket holster.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P250C 9mm in one of Dustin's (Ozark Holster Co.) IWB hybrids.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
P239 9mm in Galco KingTuck.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I started this thread I thought I'd better say my own (particular now that I've finalized, at least for now).

Sig 1911 Traditional Ultra, in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit, sometimes with a P938 in a Nemisis pocket holster as a BUG (easier to grab that then just to reload, although that makes it sound as if I've ever been in any scenerio I'd even have to draw my gun, let alone worry about a BUG. I do like the fact that sometimes in a sketchy area I can just put my hand in my pocket and feel the reassurance of the grip).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 383 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who makes that holster Arty?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
The SP 2022 dual tone in a 9mm. I carry it just straight in my pocket with its holster clip facing outward.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Who makes that holster Arty?

A friend made it.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
Just like,DukeMjnski said above-: P250c 9mm in one of Dustin's Ozark Holster Company holsters.

Or a P239 9mm DAK in one of Dustin's holsters.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
239 SAS 9mm genII in a very custom horsehide IWB BY Ken Null.
With full disclosure, it is my 2nd favorite EDC.

Posts: 160 | Location: Sarasota FL | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anglertoo
posted Hide Post
P239 SAS .40 in a N82 IWB.

“To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage”. Confucius

Posts: 177 | Location: North Central Connecticut | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW, the "consensus" seems to be the 239, followed closely (and, in my opinion, oddly given the disparity in size) by the 229/228, with the 938 for the Bronze.

Thanks to all who contributed (and gave me some insights as to what battery I might consider -- this has caused me to rethink and perhaps rearrange things).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 383 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
yeah, but.... no one *really* likes the 239 Wink

LOL !

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite EDC SIG, that I actually owned: original-style P220, .45 ACP, which was my duty and personal-time-carry pistol from 1991 to 1993. With a heel-clip type of magazine release, these have since been dubbed P220E, with "E" meaning European, though of course the side-button mag release is also quite European, as can be seen by looking at any Luger Parabellum, from the first decade of the Twentieth Century.

I foolishly sold my early P220 to finance the "upgrade" to an "American" P220, only to be disappointed to find that the whole grip frame had been signifcantly changed. I returned to SIG eleven years later, in 2004, with a P229R DAK, which was my duty/carry pistol until .40 recoil became too much, and I switched to 9mm Glocks in 2015, as soon as my chief authorized 9mm as an alternative duty cartridge.

(I do not blame the .40 for causing my ailing thumb/hand/wrist; the big-bore Magnums I fired in the Eighties would certainly have played the larger role.)

I have a 9mm conversion barrel for my P229R DAK, so can still shoot it, but I do not carry it in the converted condition. If I decide t EDC a SIG again, it will likely be a 9mm P226 in one of its all-stainless-steel editions, with the weight/mass to damp recoil.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
P238 M-F when I wear a Suit
P229 .40 on the weekends in an Ozark Holster.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
224 extreme 357 Sig in Adams leather. This could change because I got a 225-A1 last week that I'm really liking.

Posts: 105 | Location: United States | Registered: May 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
P239, Caliber Hammer-of-Thor, years-0f-wear-Comp-Tac MTac (tucked), Triji O-Range HD's, and CT's. Pocket lint, last month's Internet-approved grease, non-camo-uber-Tacticool in anyway, but abounding in olde schoole street-cred earned features including the surface-rusted OEM grip screws.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post