SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Tuckable Holster Idea
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tuckable Holster Idea Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades;
Master of None
Picture of Tomkat
posted
Like many I have been seeking a good option for a tuckable holster. I've tried many and they all seem to display the clips more obviously than I prefer. Yes, I know "most sheeple never notice" and "I (you) don't care who sees the clips". I've heard all of that before and there's no need to reiterate it here.

I have a new idea and would like some constructive input as my idea seems like a good one, so much so that I must be missing something obvious.

What I propose is first buying Discreet Carry Concepts clips for a couple of my favorite holsters. I've already done so for one and, so far, these have been my best option. I just clip to the fabric of my pants and they hide behind the belt. They are as close to invisible as I've ever seen.

I plan to go a step further and have my wife sew a couple of small horizontal pieces of fabric on the inside of the waste band of my pants spaced such that they would each take a clip. I guess, picture belt loops laid horizontally end-to-end on the inside of the waste band of the pants in the location of where my clips go and placed at the height of the centerline of my belt. Then, since these clips are tuckable, I tuck my shirt in behind the clips.

Has anybody tried this? Does anybody have any additional suggestions before I implement my idea. Heck, it'll cost nothing and my wife will be able to knock it out on one pair of pants in less than five minutes.

Thanks in advance for any constructive input other than to tell me that I'm a moron.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9952 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades;
Master of None
Picture of Tomkat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I would look at the UltiClip.
https://www.ulticlip.com/why-ulticlip/?v=7516fd43adaa

I do have that on a holster also. They are a similar concept and work very well. However, it has been my experience that the DCC are about one third the width and are less obtrusive and less visible. However, I think the UltiClip would also work for my idea. Of course then, I would only need one sewn strip of fabric.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the El Paso Saddlery Ultra Cover holster. I have used this holster in the past when I needed to tuck in my shirt. I attached a split ring on the exposed leather belt loop and then hung my keys from the split ring. This makes the exposed loop just look like a key ring setup. Never a second glance.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades;
Master of None
Picture of Tomkat
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the suggestion YooperSigs; but, that won't work for me or my plan. Heck, I even stopped clipping my phone to my belt a couple of years ago. However, clipping the phone carrier over the holster clip sure did work effectively too. I'm still going to go with my plan.

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an interesting plan to me.

It’s been a while since I’ve carried “tucked,” but when I did I had the most success with a Milt Sparks VM-2 equipped with their proprietary clips made of Kydex vs. their standard leather loops. The clips attach the waistband of the wearer’s pants and, to your point, “hide” beneath the wearer’s belt. I was skeptical of this approach until I tried it for myself.

Personally, I found this worked well for me with a lighter-weight gun like a Glock 26. A 1911 was a little too much for me for tucked-carry. FWIW I carry a 1911 in a “normal” (non-tuckable) IWB holster regularly with no problem.

Regardless, good luck on your journey working with this!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Make sure to post updates! I’ve given some thought to super hidden holsters, something not well served in the current market.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Take a look at the El Paso Saddlery Ultra Cover holster. I have used this holster in the past when I needed to tuck in my shirt. I attached a split ring on the exposed leather belt loop and then hung my keys from the split ring. This makes the exposed loop just look like a key ring setup. Never a second glance.

Now that is a good idea.

Posts: 9952 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your holster is clipped just to your pants waistband and you don't have a belt supporting the weight of your rig that may create a problem, depending on the gun you are carrying.

Posts: 549 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post