SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Leather belts.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leather belts. Login/Join 
Press hard,
Three copies
posted
Who’s making leather gun belts similar to the old Rafter S belts?

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't know what Rafter S belts looked like. Anything like this? https://www.thebeltman.net/pro...ip-bullhide-gun-belt There is a forum member whose name escapes me, but the business is Armour Belts. He gets good reviews.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I have a Belt Man and an Armour belt. I prefer the Armour belt the best. My Armour belt was a one off, made to my design specs. Contact Mike at: www.armourbelts.com/

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of roadrash
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased a new double layer edc belt from a better belt,it is well made and a good value for its price,they offer reinforced if you so choose.

Posts: 558 | Registered: May 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I have a Belt Man and an Armour belt. I prefer the Armour belt the best. My Armour belt was a one off, made to my design specs. Contact Mike at: www.armourbelts.com/

I will second this...great quality product!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A&G gun leather makes a great belt I wore one every day for five years and it stood up to everything. https://agcustomgunleather.com/

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Armour belts are great belts. I have a couple of them, one gun belt and a dress belt.

Well priced and quick delivery.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The Rafter S belts had two rows of stitching around the belt that was probably over kill, but it looked sharp.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I spent most of my internet time over on the Rugerforum.com and there is a member there named tallbald in KY who made me two belts a few years back (one black and one brown) and they will both last much longer than I ever will and are perfect for 'carrying'. I could get his email address for you if you are interested.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

I will second this...great quality product!

I own one of these and can't speak highly enough of both the quality and customer service.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
The Rafter S belts had two rows of stitching around the belt that was probably over kill, but it looked sharp.

I liked the look as well, which is why I bought one years ago before the slow downhill process started with them.

It was high quality but too thick, which caused issues with not being able to work with all my holsters. I ended up selling it.

Back then they were the only ones I know of who offered the dual stitching. Now, The Beltman and Armour belts both offer that option.

I have belts from the old and new Belt(men) and they're all excellent. If I had need for other belts I would not hesitate to order from Mike at Armour either.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Comp-Tac is another decent option, especially if you need something quickly. They're not quite as nice quality as Beltman or Armour belts, but they work well, and they're available with minimal wait.

https://comp-tac.com/gun-belt-...ain-cowhide-leather/

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
I've done business with both Mike at Armour Belts, as well as the Belt Man. Both of their belts are absolutely outstanding!

I've recently come across Bullhide Belts and have purchased a couple. Also excellent quality, offer 1/4"+ thick bullhide belts, and most of their offering are in stock and ship fast (although Mike of Armour Belts it pretty damn quick, too! Big Grin).

https://www.bullhidebelts.com/

Good luck!

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mikedare
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind comments!

Posts: 171 | Location: Ludington MI | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The Hanks Gunner belts are an extremely good value. and highly recommended.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018..._cr_id=9580215380701

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I just received my Armour Belt. I really like it. Tried it around the house with the Shield IWB and it works much better than my cheapy Carhartt. Can’t wait to try it with a larger gun OWB.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
I got my Armour belt the other day.

Damn fine belt. Stuck my Desantis mini slide for my P365 on and it feels great.

Highly recommend Armour belts.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
The Hanks Gunner belts are an extremely good value. and highly recommended.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018..._cr_id=9580215380701

I got one of the Hanks, looking for a second belt. Brand new it's softer/less stiff than my worn out Armour belt from several years ago.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

FWIW, Beltman offers this option now.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cazio:
A&G gun leather makes a great belt I wore one every day for five years and it stood up to everything. https://agcustomgunleather.com/

Seconded. Fine quality belts.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post