SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Weapon mounted lights for daily carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weapon mounted lights for daily carry Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone ever use a belt pouch to carry a w.m.l. around ?

I know some order holsters that accommodate the gun and the light.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54478 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No. Planning to try to fumble around to attach an unmounted WML to a loaded handgun while in the midst of a stressful (and likely sudden) deadly force defensive situation is a Very Bad Idea.

If you're going to use a WML, you must get a holster that accommodates your handgun with the WML mounted.

If for whatever reason you don't want to get a holster that accommodates a WML, skip the WML and stick to just using a separate handheld flashlight.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of sig 226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
No. Planning to try to fumble around to attach an unmounted WML to a loaded handgun while in the midst of a stressful (and likely sudden) deadly force defensive situation is a Very Bad Idea.

If you're going to use a WML, you must get a holster that accommodates your handgun with the WML mounted.

If for whatever reason you don't want to get a holster that accommodates a WML, skip the WML and stick to just using a separate handheld flashlight.

Nothing to add to this post, but to consider a hand held light in addition the the WML

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2654 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only to reiterate what has been said. Trying to mount the light during a stressful situation is going to bad. Not to mention what if you need to holster the light quickly? Call a time out while you fiddle with the light?

If you can afford to add a weapon light you can afford a new holster.

Posts: 5404 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will add my voice to the chorus, regarding having the WML already mounted, well before the fight. Nervous fingers do not belong anywhere near the muzzle end of the weapon, especially in the dark, where one has to work without the benefit of seeing well, if at all.

Moreover, have a good, dedicated hand-held light. A dismounted WML is not a best hand-held light.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to those choosing to answer with good advice ,
Will continue to carry a hip light
And
Squelch the notion of obtaining a $160.00 wml and a special holster.

If I thought I'd be out after dark more than 4 times a year
Maybe then.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54478 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not bagging on you but there are plenty of dark places even when its light outside. Its a good tool and you wont likely notice the money is gone. Have a handlight as well.

Posts: 3036 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post