SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    P228 leather holster question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 leather holster question Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My P225 rides in a Kramer #2.

Had it for nearly 20-years, worn-in nicely and comfortable. I leave the Kydex to the larger or, more substantial sized pistols.

Posts: 14548 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
All my carry guns now ride in RGrizzle holsters. I have a Country Boy for OWB and prefer the City Slicker 2 for IWB but also have a couple Town & Country 2 as well.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
One more to check out: Wright Leather Works. Beautiful, lined and unlined.

Another vote for WLW. I’ve got two of their Predators and they are beautifully made, high quality holsters. I also have one of their 2-mag pouches. Good stuff!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mitch Rosen leather holsters are hard to beat.
He makes Custom holsters with excellent detailing and very useable.
He also makes what he refers to as his Express Line holsters , that have a bit less detailing but is functional in everyday use and is finished beautifully , just less detail.
Check out his site.
MitchRosen .com

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
The Tucker HF1 or HF2 would make perfect BBQ gun holsters. You can order them as plain as you want or dress them up with all of the options.

https://tuckergunleather.com/o...stband-owb-holsters/

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Falcon
posted Hide Post
I use a $20. USGI M14 Adirondack Leather Pancake Holster for the M11/P228 Pistol (NSN# 1095-01-338-4770)

https://newmilitarysurplus.com/adlepahosigp.html

Posts: 72 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:

Went with R.Grizzle, mostly because he is a forum guy and I enjoy helping members as much as I can.

Pictures ??? Smile Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Milt Sparks, you’ll wait about 6 months.

Posts: 1541 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Galco Fletch leather holster. Fits perfectly, warm comfortable leather against your skin and level 1 thumb strap retention. Everything you need.

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:

Went with R.Grizzle, mostly because he is a forum guy and I enjoy helping members as much as I can.

Pictures ??? Smile Smile

Here's mine:

Posts: 11345 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
You will NOT be disappointed with the R.Grizzle GS2....Definitely worth the wait! Wink

His items can be expedited for forty bucks per item. Ryan makes great holsters.

posted Hide Post
Galco Fletch ....strong side OWB leather with a retention Strap.

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R.Grizzle allows you to a pay fee to speed up production. I have used this several times. I have no complaints. Ryan is great to deal with. He will give you a 10% discount to military and retirees.

posted Hide Post
Another vote for Tucker...you will not be disappointed. The quality is great, looks fantastic. I have one for my P228 BBQ holster.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 724 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple T&c2 from rgrizzle. He makes great stuff. He and his wife are wonderful people too.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post