SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    P365 OWB Kydex Paddle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 OWB Kydex Paddle? Login/Join 
posted
Hey Folks. Old guy here but I haven’t checked in for a very long time. I’ve been carrying for over 40 years but I’m finally looking to put the 1970’s in the mirror and move into the 21st century. I’ve carried a variety of metal hammered guns in leather holsters for too many years. I’ve finally picked up a couple of P365xl’s and am going to start carrying one of those. I’m looking to now ditch my leather for some Kydex. I’ve never been comfortable carrying IWB so OWB it is. And different pants have different belt loop locations so I’m looking for a paddle.

I put a Holosun on one 365 and have another with the stock sights. I’m not certain yet which one will turn into the go-to, but I’m leaning towards the red-dot gun.

I’m not wanting to go broke on a custom holster, so off-the-shelf it will be. BUT, I don’t want to end up with some cheap junker that will end up disappointing me. I remember playing with some Fobus stuff many years ago and wasn’t thinking the quality was there. I’ve looked at Vedder and they SEEM TO BE okay, but I’d like some user opinions. Or any other suggestions?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom.

Posts: 27 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of Vedder IWB rigs and they are fine. Better than fine really. I've never used their paddles, but honestly I'm not terribly fond of paddle holsters so I probably wouldn't be a fair judge anyway. For Kydex I usually go with Vedder, Off the Grid, or Gunfighters Inc.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah… I’ve used various paddles over the years and have loved/hated several. Right now I’ve been using pancakes and depending on which pants I’m wearing they are either too far back causing the butt to dig into my truck’s nice leather seat or too far forward causing the barrel to dig into my leg when I sit. I think paddle is really my only choice for that perfect placement. I’m glad to hear you’ve at least had good results with other Vedders.

Thank you for responding.

Posts: 27 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been using Muddy River Tactical paddle holsters. So far so good. Close fitting and very lightweight. Might be a good option for a 365.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the paddle on that MRT, as it appears to be wider than the one on the Vedder. Probably less likely to move around, which has always been my biggest complaint about paddle holsters.

Thank you.

posted Hide Post
FWIW, I got a Vedder Paddle for a 365 when I was medically restricted to desk duty and didn't like it. It was small and tended to cause a "hot spot."

Not a huge Kydex fan, but my paddle from Comp-Tac for a M&P Compact 1.0 was really useful and as secure as a paddle holster will get

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah… I must admit that I’m not really a Kydex fan either, but I need to do something with a paddle to get my clocking right. I’ve been using Urban Carry Lockleather pancake holsters for about a year now and really like them. But because of the spacing of their belt loops and the spacing of the loops on my pants I just can’t get it in the “right” position. Luckily I’ve already knocked my carry rotation down to four and I have plenty of (way too many) holsters already so I’ve got time to make my decision.