SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Just got my Maryland Wear & Carry!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got my Maryland Wear & Carry! Login/Join 
Picture of Needabiggersafe
posted
Hi SigFourmers,

If you are from Maryland or familiar with the Maryland process you know how hard this is and how far we have come in MD.

Because of the Bruen decision, Maryland has basically become a "Shall Issue" state something I thought I would never see.

I took the 16-hour course and applied my application was accepted on November 2.

I received my approval e-mail from the Maryland State Police on December 26 and received the plastic permit today 12-31-22.

A nice late Christmas present and a good New Years' surprise.

I live in Montgomery county and the county council has decided to make your wear & carry useless by making new rules that make the county a big No Go zone.

It will, unfortunately, take private money and time to fight this.

Everyone donate to your local 2A organization to help keep your rights alive no matter where you live they are coming after you.
I remember not that long ago Virginia used to be a good 2A state and now northern Virginia is lost.

XXOO
Needabiggersafe

Life Member NRA

Posts: 541 | Location: Rockville, MD.USA! | Registered: June 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Heckuva step in the right direction!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club. Sorry you live in MoCo.

I got mine before the ink was dry on Bruen. (Training exempt, so I only had to go get printed.)

Took me no time to adjust, as I'm used to carrying pretty much every damned where else outside of Maryland, but I still find that I'm needing to adjust my wardrobe a bit.

IF YOU AREN'T A MEMBER OF MARYLAND SHALL ISSUE (www.marylandshallissue.org), PLEASE JOIN NOW. They're the ones that do the heavy lifting for us.

Also, consider joining Maryland Shooters (www.mdshooters.com). It's a bit wild sometimes and I don't participate there nearly as much as I do here, but it's a good group of passionate folks and a great resource for local information.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Needabiggersafe
posted Hide Post
Hey BurtonRW yes I'm a member and donor to MSI, Maryland Shall Issue, and also a member of mdshooters.com the MD2A page has been very helpful.

When Bruen first hit they were very active.

Needabiggersafe.

Life Member NRA

Posts: 541 | Location: Rockville, MD.USA! | Registered: June 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Needabiggersafe:
Hey BurtonRW yes I'm a member and donor to MSI, Maryland Shall Issue, and also a member of mdshooters.com the MD2A page has been very helpful.

When Bruen first hit they were very active.

Needabiggersafe.

Cool. Who are you on MDS? I am, predictably, BurtonRW. Tried searching there for Needabiggersafe before I posted this, figuring maybe you were, but didn't get any hits.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
My handle here is the same on Maryland Shooters.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
Really hoping the legislature doesn’t pass restrictions like Montgomery county at the state level. Or that the restrictions aren’t upheld in court if they do.

Definitely agree with BurtonRW on MSI and MD Shooters.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post