SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Holster Recommendations - P229 SSE 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster Recommendations - P229 SSE 9mm Login/Join 
posted
I am wanting to get an OWB holster for my P229 stainless Elite in 9mm. None of my current (few) P229 holsters will accommodate it. I would prefer a belt loop model unless I have to go to a paddle design. Your insights and recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
I like the SW Special from Ronin Leather.
http://www.roninleatherholstersllc.com/swspecial.php

I have a couple of them for different guns. They hold the butt close in for me and print less than other OWBs I have used. I also like the easier on/off provided by the snap loops. Dave has yet to do me wrong.

Lots of custom makers out there also make great stuff. It's worth it to me to invest in someone's small business. Especially a veteran-owned one.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Contact Tim at TTGunLeather. I have his pancake (belt slots) and a couple of DDOOs (snaps) that are both excellent. His work is great and you won't be disappointed.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I used a Kramer pancake for a P228 for years. For that size gun it is still my absolute favorite OWB.

IWB I prefer the Milt Sparks VM2 by far.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4193 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kramer Pancake or Mitch Rosen 5JR.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received my Kramer Scabbard and really like it, I have the Kramer pancake holster for my 1911's as well.

https://www.kramerleather.com/...ts/vertical-scabbard

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Great selection and quality from Wright Leather Works:

https://www.wrightleatherworks.../holster-collections

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4562 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
I used a Kramer pancake for a P228 for years. For that size gun it is still my absolute favorite OWB.

IWB I prefer the Milt Sparks VM2 by far.

I don’t see much about Milt Sparks anymore. I’ve been considering ordering one for my Legion

Posts: 96 | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UKCatman
posted Hide Post
You can never go wrong with a Kramer. They'll make it right and if it isn't for some reason they'll make that right!

Rob

Posts: 15 | Location: WA State | Registered: January 26, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post