SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Shoutout for TT Gunleather Snap-Detachable Pancake
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shoutout for TT Gunleather Snap-Detachable Pancake Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
I just received this Snap-Detachable Pancake OWB and matching magazine pouch from SF member Tim Thurner of TT Gunleather. Beautiful work (black leather with elephant hide trim) that's practical and comfortable for carry. I wanted a magazine pouch that sits a bit lower and is deeper than usual because I carry a 20 round magazine as backup for my P226R SAO. As usual, Tim came through for me.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I have One of Tim’s dual IWB magazine holster’s for every one of my carry gun’s! He makes great stuff and ships faster then any maker I’ve seen.

Posts: 116 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love his "Mike's Special" holsters. I bought my 5th one earlier this month. Very comfortable and the extra forward cant really helps with concealability. Great guy to deal with too.

Baton Rouge, LA

Posts: 68 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: May 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely amazing gear.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice carry package, TT makes a great product.

Posts: 2055 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
They look excellent. Love elephant trim. I have a few of Tim's DDOOs and some other holsters by him. Fantastic quality and excellent customer service. I've actually been thinking about getting one with elephant trim as well to go along with my shark trim one for my P365.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Your t-shirt look rather hairy and bovine.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Sharp-looking gear.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of his holsters and a belt. Love them with all my heart, he’s ok for a firefighter too.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
On pulicords and others high praise I placed a order for the snap on pancake for my PO7.
Brown with shark skin trim. Now the wait begins.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rstaton
posted Hide Post
Ive always felt tt gunleather is in the top tier of leather holster makers...

Posts: 162 | Registered: September 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rstaton:
Ive always felt tt gunleather is in the top tier of leather holster makers...

Agreed. Nearly all of my leather holsters are from them.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most all my carry guns ride in TT holsters. Sometimes I've ordered one before I've gotten the pistol.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my TT Holsters snap detachable pancake holster yesterday. The quality in materials and workmanship was instantly obvious. A quality piece all around. Might take a little while to break it in. Pretty stiff and tight fitting. I put the PO7 in the holster and left it in overnight last night and then wore it around the house today with the gun empty of course. Has already improved somewhat.

Already love the way it rides. Does not jab my ribs while sitting or bending. Very happy!

Brown with black shark skin trim.

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Received my TT Holsters snap detachable pancake holster yesterday. The quality in materials and workmanship was instantly obvious. A quality piece all around. Might take a little while to break it in. Pretty stiff and tight fitting. I put the PO7 in the holster and left it in overnight last night and then wore it around the house today with the gun empty of course. Has already improved somewhat.

Already love the way it rides. Does not jab my ribs while sitting or bending. Very happy!

Brown with black shark skin trim.

Great combo and a beautifully made holster! FWIW: I place my unloaded firearm in a zip-lock type plastic bag, then insert the package into the holster for one night. The next morning, I've found the pistol fits perfectly. Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been carrying it around with the PO7 empty and breaking in nicely now. Today is the first day of carrying a full mag in it. Retention is still tighter than I like it but I'm sure that will continue to improve. I have always liked my leather lined Garrett holsters and this is my first all leather rig. Don't think it will be my last. Again great looks, quality, service and fit.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Retention is still tighter than I like it ...

Get yourself some Mitch Rosen Leather Lightning. Problem solved Smile

I've an OWB holster for my Gov't 1911's that simply didn't want to break in the way I wanted. A dab of LL and it became instantly perfect.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Retention is still tighter than I like it ...

Get yourself some Mitch Rosen Leather Lightning. Problem solved Smile

I've an OWB holster for my Gov't 1911's that simply didn't want to break in the way I wanted. A dab of LL and it became instantly perfect.

Thanks for the tip! If it does not get to where I like it I will certainly give this a try.