SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    struggling with a P250
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

struggling with a P250 Login/Join 
posted
Hi fellas, I seem to not be able to conceal my FS .40 P250..
I even tried with a loose fitting sweater, with my newish "wethepeople" IWB holster WITH the fancy claw that's supposed to press the grip into the body(which it does to some degree)...
in appendix position.
I tried multiple cants, and also moving it around the belt.
I'm using a good & new carry belt.
I just cannot seem to NOT have the grip of the gun poking out..
It's like I can't press the thing tight enough against me or something, to hide the outline..
I'm 6' 1" 185lbs
It kinda feels like the gun is too thick , or something?
Not sure if others struggle to hide the P250 or not... or is it inexperience showing.
there's a fellow from church(ex cop) who offered to take a look tomorrow & see if we can determine the issue.
I also have another leather IWB holster I tried, with the same result.

Not expecting any silver bullet answers, but thought I'd throw it out there & see if I'm not alone..

Cheers,
Rich

Posts: 4 | Location: Maine | Registered: November 11, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That style of holster may not be the best option for your body style. Everybody is different, and a holster that works well for one person may not work for another. It often takes a bit of trial and error with different carry styles and holsters for someone to find what works for them. Appendix carry in particular is pretty polarizing, with it not working at all for a decent chunk of the population, especially with a larger gun.

Then you add to the situation that a P250FS is a large full-sized pistol, intended more for duty use and home defense than concealed carry. Full-sized pistols are inherently harder to conceal than more compact pistols.

So even with a different holster, it may just be more than your particular body shape can reasonably conceal under normal clothing.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue, as much as I may not like that answer, I fear that may be the only one there is..
I'll see how I do with my ex-cop friend tomorrow & see what he says..
Many thanks for your insights
~R

Posts: 4 | Location: Maine | Registered: November 11, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I agree with Rogue...the full-size P250 is a bit big for CCW. The cool thing about the P250, though, is that it will fit grip modules from the entire P320 line (although you may need to swap out the slide catch lever on your FCU). While you can't do anything about the length of the slide, you can easily and relatively inexpensively swap in a compact grip module and reduce the length of the grip.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I believe your best bet for CCW wth that pistol will end up being IWB/OWB behind the hip (4:00/4:30 position) with a cover garment.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, for chiming in..
Appreciate it
Rich

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I agree with nhracraft, position at 4 o'clock either IWB or outside... and don't worry about a slight poke... nobody is really looking.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post