SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Holster for drawstring pants
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster for drawstring pants Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
I am retired/work from home and 90% of the time, I am in track pants that have a drawstring waist. I have been carrying with a Brave Response (Belly band style) holster but I am curious if anyone has found a decent IWB clip-on holster that works without a belt. Carrying either a P365 or Glock 43x, so not a massive weapon but still enough weight that beltless carry seems difficult.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year, best thing I have found is the Thunderwear type holster. I have yet to find anything that won't weigh the pants (shorts here in Florida) down.

Posts: 710 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The only IWB I've ever found to be semi-workable on drawstring pants/shorts is a Remora-style holster with a very small and light handgun, like a J Frame/Kahr CM9/Sig P365/G43/etc.

This doesn't have a belt clip or loops, but uses a rubberized coating on the outside to hold itself in place via friction against the waitband and your body. It doesn't pull down on your waistband like a clip-on holster does, because most of the weight is being supported by the friction against your body.

https://remoraholsters.com/pro...band-pocket-holster/

The problem is that it's not secure at all. Fine for lounging around the house, but not for anything involving a lot of moving around like strenuous chores, working out, etc.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The recent thread on phlster enigma may work?

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/enigma-landing/

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that Muddy River Tactical has started to offer something called an "ulticlip" for some of their IWB holsters. I found that Ulticlip actually has a website with detailed descriptions of their product and videos.

I think the ulticlip would hold an IWB holster securely in place on a beltless waistband, but you would probably still have the lack of overall stability that Rogue mentions.

Posts: 781 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Since I retired I almost live in sweat pants.
I chose an Alien Gear belly band for holsters.
I usually use a alien gear IWB holster with a CZ SP01 mold.
I like the belly band because I can easily and quickly adjust the position of the gun, its also fast to take the belt and gun off.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck wearing a pair of compression shorts underneath drawstring shorts. Tighten the drawstring comfortably. Mexican carry a Remora type holster inside the compression shorts and drawstring of the outside shorts. You won't be running marathons, but it's fairly secure for lounging around and easy to remove or secure.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any time I’m in sweats I just throw my gun belt on around my waist (pants don’t have belt loops), clip my IWB holster to it, throw in my p365 and tuck the bottom of the holster (muzzle of the pistol) into my sweatpants.

For some reason it took me 15 years of ccw before I figured that out. I have all of the belly bands, sticky holsters, etc, but this works best for me. It’s probably dependent on things like body type so ymmv, but just wanted to throw it out there as an idea to try.

Posts: 130 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Here's my Ruger LCP CT in the Kydex IWB holster I ordered from PJ Holster for drawstring shorts carry:

That clip is very secure on the waistband of those shorts. That holster's going nowhere Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PHLster Enigma is probably the most competent option. It may be more involved than a lot of people want, though.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Try as I might I just can't carry comfortably without a belt. I end up compromising with a pair of hiking pants that are basically track pants with belt loops. Super comfortable yet functional.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Try as I might I just can't carry comfortably without a belt. I end up compromising with a pair of hiking pants that are basically track pants with belt loops. Super comfortable yet functional.

I wear something similar when doing yard work or mowing. Lightweight thin hiking pants, with a nylon instructor belt and a "real" holster.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
If you carry AIWB, the answer is easy, Get one of Spencer Keepers Errand holsters. It is designed just for the purpose you describe.

As DaBigBR said, an Enigma is a great option, you can mount a great variety of holsters on one but it requires setting it up correctly which takes trial and error.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I'm here at the house, which is 90% of the time, or while driving because of my hip joints etc.. I like a shoulder holster.

P226r Extreme, P226 TACOPS, M11-A1, P220 Elite Full Size

Posts: 30 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: January 31, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Let's be honest... You just like to feel like Sonny Crockett while lounging around the house. Big Grin

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I gave up trying to find one.
I ended up with a Kavu Belt pack. It disappears under an untucked t shirt.
I bought one of those kydex trigger guard holsters and tied a paracord loop on it. The loop is then attached to the belt of the pack.
So I do a quick unzip of the pack and rip out the gun

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Let's be honest... You just like to feel like Sonny Crockett while lounging around the house. Big Grin

Sonny who? All my pistols or revolvers are carried this way, no matter if lounging around the house, or wearing jeans with a vest on... I carry nothing on my belt line.

Posts: 30 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: January 31, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
5.11 Tactical Holster shirt. I wore it when I worked protection. Rode a Bike, carried my duty rig and a Radio with ear piece in it. Looked like any other guy out doing his morning thing.

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monti:
Sonny who?

Sonny Crockett was Don Johnson's character from "Miami Vice", known for sporting a tan leather shoulder holster. (Same blue tshirt too.)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Monti:
Sonny who?

Sonny Crockett was Don Johnson's character from "Miami Vice", known for sporting a tan leather shoulder holster. (Same blue tshirt too.)

I was kidding you, I didn't miss too many episodes and cought them on reruns Big Grin... I've worn shoulder holsers since many years of wearing duty belts and low back pain. Sitting in a vehicle it allows for faster acquiring should I need it, where the seat belt would be in the way on OWB. Shoulder holsters aren't for everyone... kinda like Glocks, they aren't for everyone either Big Grin

Smuggler's Blues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sXHQKJwOMA