SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Looking for belt recommendations. Very specific needs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for belt recommendations. Very specific needs Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking for a 1 inch wide gun belt with a friction style buckle. Standard holes and prong doesn't work for me. I've seen the Wilderness Tactical, but, would prefer something with a different style buckle over the plastic rings. Thanks.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Instructor from the Wilderness is what I wear and suggest. Most friction belts I have found wont hold up

Posts: 298 | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Of all the Wilderness belts, only the Frequent Flyer has plastic rings (nylon actually, I think) the rest have steel or titanium buckles.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I've got a few wilderness belts and agree they work. But the ones I own are wider than 1 inch. I'll call them and confirm the 1 inch is available with something besides the two ring set up.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can go to:
www.strapworks.com
They have components to build your own belts. I build my own slings for my rifles with their stuff. Good service, too

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post