SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Need recommendation for Velcro holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need recommendation for Velcro holster Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
Looking for thoughts on a Velcro holster to keep a pistol in place inside the CCW pocket of a Maxpedition bag. Gun will be either a P30 or P30sk if it matters. Same goes for mag carrier recommendations.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Cooks Holsters. They make a Kydex holster with a Velcro kit that allows you to fit the holster to your needs. I have one for my Maxpedition bag and it works great.
Cooks calls it a "purse holster" on their website.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
You can just buy industrial Velcro, and stick it to any existing holster with the belt clip removed .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Crossbreed has velcro backed holsters. I think they're in their modular holster lineup.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
For me never Velcro anything as it makes noise, not good for hunting nor for concealed carry, if you want get the drop on your threat or prey. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Anchor:
For me never Velcro anything as it makes noise, not good for hunting nor for concealed carry, if you want get the drop on your threat or prey. Chris

I should clarify, not looking to secure the gun via Velcro, the Velcro secures the holster to the inside panel of the pack. The gun itself is removed by accessing a zippered side panel.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
While I don't have any Velcro for holsters, I can see the use attaching holster to inside of bag/pack. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
https://vertx.com/multi-purpose-holster-full

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Looking for thoughts on a Velcro holster to keep a pistol in place inside the CCW pocket of a Maxpedition bag. Gun will be either a P30 or P30sk if it matters. Same goes for mag carrier recommendations.

You want to look at the Crossbreed Ohai series of holsters. They are Velcro on back of thick leather to which the Kydex holster is attached.

Very rigid and I currently use one in a similar capacity that you're contemplating. About $50-60 depending on gun but there's a 20% sitewide discount that's good another day or so.

I will say that I'm very impressed with how this works and it hasn't given me a reason to worry in the more than 2 years I've used it. Very secure.

My use is a G19 and a Sig 229R.

Posts: 4074 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post