SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    New Hampshire non resident permit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Hampshire non resident permit Login/Join 
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted
My New Hampshire non resident permit expires shortly. Have had one for almost 10 years. I read they are now constitutional carry, but I also have read people still renewing for varied reasons.

What do members suggest ? The $100 is even more than my Ct permit.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I chose to renew.

Loss of Constitutional carry could be reality simply with more Democrats/Progressives in the future in the NH legislature pursuing "sensible gun" whatever.
I have no special insight to suggest there is plan for the future but I am a paranoid old bastard.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I kept mine also.
Less than six cents a day.
My reasoning was if and when I had a traffic stop riding my Harley while in New Hampshire, and while carrying, it "might" be worthwhile.
I do like to ride there.
Now Massachusetts, that's a different story.
When their non-resident hit $100 a year, I bailed and I "vote" my displeasure about the "price" of that CCW "privilege" with my wallet.
I don't go to MA or spend a dime in the state.
Same for Maryland.
I use the reciprocity map on my phone using the CCW app and/or www.handgunlaw.us when I plan motorcycle trips.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Keep it. All it takes is one bad election.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Sent in my renewal, thanks for the replies.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Good choice. The state legislature went democrat last election and a whole host of anti-2A of bills have been introduced. Thank God we have Sununu as governor. He will veto this but he won’t be in office forever.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Renew it Constitutional Carry doesn’t apply in all locations in the state, certain parks and other areas you need the permit.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Renew it Constitutional Carry doesn’t apply in all locations in the state, certain parks and other areas you need the permit.

You're thinking of Maine I think. NH has no such restrictions.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post