SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    shoulder holster for driving?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

shoulder holster for driving? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Never thought of a fanny pack.
Might be worth a try. thanks

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Driving a shoulder holster fits me the best. It's out of the way until you need it and then very handy. With 2 loaded magazines on the opposite side of the weapon it balances reasonable and the gun level. Before leaving the vehicle have a light jacket to cover up before leaving the vehicle. Personal preference is a Mitch Rosen.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
slight hijack here - for those who use shoulder holsters, do you use tie downs? I have one I use for road trips, no tie downs and it wrks fine but I am always thinking it would work better with. Thoughts?

Posts: 549 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This is my standard answer for almost any type of carry now and they fit a wide variety of guns. Yes, the website sucks to see any of the details.
I use the Air Marshall version and have a Safariland ALS with the paddle hardware removed and Velcro it inside and it's hardly any thicker.

https://www.kangaroocarry.com/collections/all

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
This is my standard answer for almost any type of carry now and they fit a wide variety of guns. Yes, the website sucks to see any of the details.
I use the Air Marshall version and have a Safariland ALS with the paddle hardware removed and Velcro it inside and it's hardly any thicker.

https://www.kangaroocarry.com/collections/all
If the band goes around the whole body, does concealment require the cover garment to be zipped or buttoned up to conceal the band?

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]If the band goes around the whole body, does concealment require the cover garment to be zipped or buttoned up to conceal the band?[/QUOTE]

I normally wear an undershirt the same color of the band (they come in black or white) and a button up shirt with the two top buttons undone. The bottom of the band sits around the bottom of my rib-cage and the height can be adjusted by the shoulder strap if desired.
When I first wore this the fact that it is a fabric holster made me nervous carrying a Glock or other striker pistol. The addition of the ALS makes that concern go away and it also has the retention aspect so if you get in a position (laying down, etc.) where it could slip out, it can't now.
The barrel sits almost perpendicular and it's under the arm so the Shield I carry or a G43, 365 or similar gun is invisible to others.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
due to some sores (keloids) on my waistband area I use a Galco Classic Lite with my HK P7 psp under the left arm, two magazines and a 12 inch blade single edge hilt down under my right arm. The Galco Knife carrier is a great add on to the magazine side of the rig.

I don't use tie downs as I don't need suspenders, and I believe a properly adjusted shoulder holster shouldn't need tie downs.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post