SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Threading belt thru pant loops and holster
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Threading belt thru pant loops and holster Login/Join 
Picture of trickedtrix
posted
Dumb question - how do you typically thread your OWB holster thru the loops on the pants and the holster? Since it got cold out and I've gone to the hoodie look I've been carrying OWB in a kydex holster and I always skip a loop on my jeans. Is that common practice or do any of you thread the holster on, go back into the loop behind it, then back out the holster? I haven't tried it yet, imagine it would keep the holster even tighter to me but also make belt adjustments a pita. I would probably have to thread it all together without having the pants on to make that work. Just curious

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I thread through the holster loop, through the belt loop then through the other holster loop. IMO it adds more stability.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Same

Posts: 8942 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I 3rd that, using the pants loop sucks it in tighter and also keeps the holster from sliding too far one way or another.

It is easy to do with pants on, just put the belt through the 1st holster loop, then the pants loop, then the last hostler loop and thread it the rest of the way around ur pants.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ditto. Holster>Pants>Holster

You don't have to do it before you put the pants on. It's easily done while still wearing the pants. Just make sure the gun isn't in the holster.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Yep, same here. Holster loop, pants loop, holster loop.

十人十色

Posts: 2102 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15989 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
next question - have any of you found a belt you like for supporting a holster with a plastic buckle? I've recently discovered (at the age of 40) that I'm allergic to metal on my skin.

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
What specific metal are you allergic to? Most belt buckles are brass or steel. But there are a belts available with nickel-free steel buckles, which addresses one of the most common metal allergies. And a few belt makers offer titanium buckles. On many belts, you can remove the existing buckle and install a new one, so even if you don't have a gun belt with one of those specific metal buckles, you may be able to buy a buckle and retrofit it yourself.

I don't know of any leather gun belts that use plastic buckles, but Wilderness Belts offers a plastic buckle on one of their reinforced nylon gun belts.

It's called the "Frequent Flyer" belt, since its designed for people who frequently go through metal detectors.

I'd recommend spending the extra $5 to upgrade to the 5-Stitch for added stiffness. (You can also do the additional internal polymer stiffener if you want it even more rigid, but I think that's kinda overkill.)

http://www.thewilderness.com/b...frequent-flyer-belt/

Another alternative is to invest in some quality undershirts. Tuck your undershirt into your pants. Wear your normal shirt untucked over that. The belt buckle will never contact your skin, so it won't matter if you have a metal buckle.

Personally, I wear moisture-wicking (Under Armour-style) undershirts every day. Even under t-shirts. It helps keep me cool and dry, and prevents my handgun from irritating my skin.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I thread through the holster loop, through the belt loop then through the other holster loop. IMO it adds more stability.

This.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Rogue I think I'll give that belt a shot!

posted Hide Post
Also check out Nexbelt. I have their ratcheting nylon gun belt and it is excellent. Double layer with a low profile buckle that will not touch your belly.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15989 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Also check out Nexbelt. I have their ratcheting nylon gun belt and it is excellent. Double layer with a low profile buckle that will not touch your belly.

Thanks. You just cost me $60.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:

This is how I do it too.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trickedtrix:
next question - have any of you found a belt you like for supporting a holster with a plastic buckle? I've recently discovered (at the age of 40) that I'm allergic to metal on my skin.

There are some nice ones listed here in this thread. To add to that, there are a bunch of them available on lapolicegear.com.

I have bought a bunch of stuff through them, and they seem to be a good outfit.

Just make sure you are getting a belt that is stiff enough to carry a gun. Not all nylon belts will be double thickness, or stiffened.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12741 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I picked up a nexbelt - today is the maiden voyage so far I like it a lot

posted Hide Post
I also ordered a nexbelt. These are simply outstanding in every way. Just another example of SF sharing great ideas.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in my days as a cop I used to have my trousers altered by moving the belt loops to locations that would not interfere with holster placement. Quite simple to do, only takes a few minutes.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1091 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trickedtrix:

Armour has belts with titanium buckle as upgrade. I have one - nice and light and I like their belts as well. But I don't know if screws holding on buckle are titanium or not. No problem for me as I have no allergy just bought for light weight. Link
https://www.armourbelts.com/

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I also thread thru, catch all the pant loops. My competition rigs are all paddles though, sooo much easier, but a paddle is not the best for retention.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post