SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    R Grizzle GS2 (Georgia Snap 2) Or Other Snap-On OWB Concealment Holsters?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

R Grizzle GS2 (Georgia Snap 2) Or Other Snap-On OWB Concealment Holsters? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
On the never-ending quest for "the perfect holster" Smile, I'm thinking of trying an R Grizzle GS2 or similar.

This is essentially a Baker-style (aka: belt slide, pancake) holster with snaps to allow it to easily be attached and removed without removing your belt.

I have Baker-style holsters with fixed belt loops. (A Milt Sparks I-BAK and a Galco Combat Master.) They conceal nearly as well as an IWB holster and are much more comfortable to wear.

My main concern is how closely they hold the grip to your body.

Experiences? Comments? Better options than the R Grizzle offering?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The ones I've used over the years concealed just as well as a standard pancake OWB, just with the added ease of doffing and donning the holster without having to undo your belt.

I haven't used a GS2 specifically, but I've used similar models from Ritchie Holsters, UBG Holsters, and Alessi (the original).

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Although I don't carry it often anymore, my P228 rides superbly in my GS2.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
GREAT holsters! I have the first holster that Ryan made for a P7. Georgia Snap (not sure if it's a 2nd generation).

Carries the pistol snugly, good retention, conceals well, and much more convenient to put on or remove than a holster with belt slots.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several of Ryans GS 2 and a 4 IWB that are all very comfortable.The TC2 is my favorite, I just got one yesterday in the mail for my CZ75B and it fits so well that I am carrying it right now! The GS2 that I have keep the grip in tight against my body.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Ok, then. Thanks for the replies, y'all.

There are several makers of this style, but Ryan is one of our guys, so I'll go with him.

Soon begins the four-month wait.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Ok, then. Thanks for the replies, y'all.

There are several makers of this style, but Ryan is one of our guys, so I'll go with him.

Soon begins the four-month wait.

You won't be sorry. Smile

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered my last holster on 10/13/21 and received it on 02/11/22, pretty much 4 months!

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I love my RGrizzle country boy, I bought it used. I'm sorry to say, but waiting a month or more for a holster is a no for me.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I'm sorry to say, but waiting a month or more for a holster is a no for me.
I waited five months and two days for my Andrews Monarch shoulder rig. It was worth the wait Smile

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I'm sorry to say, but waiting a month or more for a holster is a no for me.
I waited five months and two days for my Andrews Monarch shoulder rig. It was worth the wait Smile

I waited 12-13 weeks for my last holster from Kirkpatrick, said that would be the last time.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RGrizzle holsters are the only holsters I use. I have 2 GS2's-one for my SW 442, and one for my Glock 19. I have zero complaints. When the one for the Glock was new, it was a bit creeky, and made quite a bit of noise, but that wore off pretty quickly. I have a few IWB holsters from Ryan, too, and they're also fantastic.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I have several R Grizzle holsters, and they are excellent, but there are a lot of good holster makers out there with shorter waits. Ken Null, UBG Holsters, and TT Gunleather all come to mind. I don't think Ken Null has a snap loop OWB, but I know UBG Holsters and TT Gunleather do.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for R Grizzle. I had him do some WARPIG OWB/IWB convertibles and they were /awesome/.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I have a RGrizzle CS2 IWB and it's a great holster. I don't use it anymore just because I find plastic clips very uncomfortable, but a lot of people love them. I'm seriously considering a nice GS2 or similar OWB as a retirement gift to myself next year.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryan makes some good stuff, but I always prefer TT Gunleather to most.

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R.Grizzle is top notch and great to deal with.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post