SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    WML For EDC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WML For EDC Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted
I just recently purchased a Black Rhino kydex holster so I could EDC my G19 w/TLR-7. I plan on doing all my practice with the light mounted. This just seems to make sense to me, but will my light hold up to firing a few thousand rounds with it mounted to the gun?

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It better or I'd find a new light. Should have no problem running a solid brand light for carry constantly.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've had the TLR-7 since it first came out. It's still kicking after a couple thousand rounds with my Glock 32.

I bought another one. My first one had a flickering issue during recoil but I fixed that with a piece of rubber. They fixed future versions.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have the exact set up you do. I haven’t had a single issue with I don’t know how
many down the pipe.

Posts: 3445 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Those of you that have the TLR7, do you notice any gouging of the rails of the gun?

I have a TLR-1, and noticed that it has slight gouging on the frame near the rear of the rail after a couple hundred rounds. Maybe I'm not tightening the screw enough and the recoil causes the light to shift.

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have not had that problem. I tighten mine down snug.

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Those of you that have the TLR7, do you notice any gouging of the rails of the gun?

I have a TLR-1, and noticed that it has slight gouging on the frame near the rear of the rail after a couple hundred rounds. Maybe I'm not tightening the screw enough and the recoil causes the light to shift.

Posts: 3445 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Any Streamlight or Surefire WML should take many many thousands of rounds, so fire away!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Any Streamlight or Surefire WML should take many many thousands of rounds, so fire away!

And stand behind their product if it does fail. I shot apart a TLR-3 a couple of years ago. It had spent time on several handguns.
9mm, 40SW, 45ACP and even 10mm.
I got an RMA number and sent it to them in a ziplock baggie. I got back a brand new light, no questions asked. I was satisfied.

Posts: 6298 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My TLR-1S holds up on my 10mm G20. It lived on a couple 9mm before that. You’ll be fine, streamlights are built like brick shit houses

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody, I have put ~500 rounds through it now with the light attached with zero issues.

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post