SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    CCW t-shirt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCW t-shirt Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking for one to carry my LCP and preferably a spare mag, this seems ideal. Does anyone have one of these?

https://www.galls.com/tru-spec...-carry-holster-shirt

https://www.undertechundercove...nt-crew-neck-t-shirt

I realize we're not talking a draw and fire in .00001 seconds, but that's OK.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of the second one, the undertech, used it a few times and found it was too hot for Arizona except in the winter.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I don’t remember the brand, but I tried one of the “Holster Tshirts” back when they first hit the market.
I’m cold natured, and I thought they were too hot. Mainly because all of the holster part is right where you also radiate the most heat, armpits and sides of the ribs.
It held a G19 just fine. I even carried my P229 once, but that was the outside edge of its envelope, IMO.

But main thing was the doubled fabrics and Velcro closures under the arm pits made it feel really bulky and it trapped a lot of heat.

Posts: 6297 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
5.11 tactical hides small-mid sized pistol very well. Wearing the unit with a regular shirt, tucked in, makes the gun disappear. On the downside with a buttoned shirt it is slow to get at. Wearing a sweater instead of a shirt makes access quicker but still a slow process. Ideal for when the gun must invisible but slow on the draw.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1550 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the speedy relies, I ended up going with 5-11, they offer free shipping for over $35:

https://www.511tactical.com/holster-shirt.html

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of the 5.11 shirts and they work for my PPS. With the v-neck they disappear.

Posts: 9952 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Neither looks that comfortable, to me. I'm guessing you have a particular reason for one?

What about one of those bicycling shirts and a P3AT/LCP?

Posts: 5722 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post