SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Absolute proof that life isn't fair ( voo doo witch magic inside)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Absolute proof that life isn't fair ( voo doo witch magic inside) Login/Join 
posted

I got to the skill level that got me all the way around the Rink.

But no where near as good as I wanted to be

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54643 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Tell me about it. I'm in my early 40s and have been to the rink a handful of times in the past couple years. There is nothing more mentally draining than trying to stay upright.

They make it look easy...I guess because they're younger than me. Smile

Posts: 11166 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to be able to do that.

Posts: 54643 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
This totally reminded me of this episode of CHiPs... Big Grin

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Skull Leader and Dzozer beat me w/ those.
I'm left w/

In elementary school we had a roller skating party once a year. I was always envious of those that could race around the rink. I did well enough to do the "couples only" segment.

ETA:Basically we're all just posting Candice Heiden videos. Can you blame us?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dsiets,

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These people make it look effortless.

Back in the 1900's,
Just walking into Skate land registered on the pucker meter.

But I went in hopes of achieving any amount of acceptable amount of gratification.

posted Hide Post
Watching that video brought back a rush of memories of going to the local rink on weekends as a teenager in the late 70's. I was pretty good back in the day. Now I feel really old-

Posts: 341 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post