SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Back when we all had class. Carson, Carlin, and Richard Pryor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back when we all had class. Carson, Carlin, and Richard Pryor Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
https://youtu.be/3jus-OaJV8E

Watch this one video. Marvel at the difference between this and today. Richard burnt himself up one year prior to this whilst on drugs. Watch Johnny, George, and Richard get along. I miss that. Each one of them....we do not have a replacement for any of them. We all used to get along. For you millennials #beforeyourtimebeotch

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Definitely funny stuff. I just watched that last week while going through Don Rickles videos.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure you can lump Carson in with the other two and have it be classy. He was a class act.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I am not sure you can lump Carson in with the other two and have it be classy. He was a class act.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were all alcohol and drug dependent. Decidedly chaotic family lives, but not as dramatic as Lenny Bruce. They were all talented no doubt.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I guess maybe I am the odd man out on Carlin. Ok, he had some funny stuff but he was also a sanctimonious, hypocritical douchebag.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I guess maybe I am the odd man out on Carlin. Ok, he had some funny stuff but he was also a sanctimonious, hypocritical douchebag.

And, one hell of a TV weather man.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
to me; carson always seemed very uncomfortable around prior,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54643 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I'm with you Lord Vaalic.

Posts: 11166 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Interesting comments and post.
For me the most relevant thing—-at least in regard to Carson—-is that it was an act.
These folks didn’t let down their hair on TV, they played a role and we all loved it.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:

Agreed, Never really liked Pryor or even remotely thought that he was the God some make him out to be.
Carlin, interesting at times but otherwise a douche as mentioned above.
Carson, was in a class at the top.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post