SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Yamaha MusicCast app
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yamaha MusicCast app Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
My Yamaha AVR can be controlled by an app, MusicCast. In addition to setting sound controls, it casts (flings?) mp3 tracks from my tablet to the AVR over wifi. Music over wifi is supposed to be better fidelity than bluetooth, and it sure sounds that way to me. In addition to the few mp3’s I have on my tablet, MusicCast interfaces with many popular music sites such as Pandora. Lately, I have rediscovered internet radio; specifically Miled Music (MM). MM (out of Mexico) has several stations; I like their (American) country, (American) classic rock and opera stations. HiFi, no ads, no subscription.

Now to what I don’t like about MusicCast: It doesn’t interface with Amazon Music (AM). AM is my primary music source and I have downloaded many free tracks. But I can only cast them via bluetooth. If I use my PC Amazon Music app and PAY for tracks I can then download in mp3 on the PC; transfer to the tablet and cast over wifi. Anybody have a better (cheaper) way?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post