New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knife or Death Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
A new show following Forged in Fire - cutting/chopping competition. I have a feeling it will get repetitive soon, but so far I'm kind of entertained. Some defeated the chicken, but nobody, NOBODY beats the fish!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
first guy short stroked and pulled in a bit much on the fish along with being in a bit of a hurry.

The other on took the fish on the side, basically chopping through it. to much surface area on the blade, he was in a rush.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Thought it was entertaining.

Agree with DSgrouse - no one used the correct approach on the fish. On Forged in Fire, the pros always chop starting at the spine where the most energy is required and then easily cut through the remainder.

Thought some of Golderberg's comments were pretty funny.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Goldberg was annoying. I could close my eyes and think I was watching wrestling. I was surprised that no one made it thru the course completely.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
IMO a lot of them didn't have enough knife. The guy who won, on top of really knowing what he was doing, had a badass cleaver. I think having a long blade with a lot of forward weight was really important for all of the chopping they had to do.

If the challenges remain mostly the same from show to show, contestants will probably better blades.

posted Hide Post
Well we wAtched episode 3 last night, which was clearly shot as episode 2.

A lot of good stuff in the show. I wished the guy with the kopesh has the inside sharpened. He could have approached the fish differently.

The guy with the arming sword. What a fantastic job tempering that blade. He really did a fine job all the way through.

The cutting sports champ was gassed by the time of the watermelons. 11 penalties did him in.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
He really did a fine job all the way through

He did and looked good doing it. You'd think with his bulky frame and swinging that big blade would have had him gasping. Very economical movement repeated over and over, he looked like a great MLB batter.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Amazing the range of blades they allow to compete.
It seems like they're going to need to swap in a few more challenges that require speed and accuracy as opposed to power, or it will turn into to all badass swords and few knives. I would actually prefer swords, but the know is after all Kinfe or Death.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Season 2 is now in progress.

What the hell is wrong with these contestants? They bring blades that are more often than not either too long or too short or too thin or too heavy. Some of them are clearly only in good enough shape for a walk around the block and/or have no idea how attack the various obstacles. I'm not saying I'd do any better, but I guess it's hard finding well-prepared contestants.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A silly show at best but right in the middle a week or two back, a Cadillac ad pops up. I never see Cadillac ads and yet here they are? Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post