SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    These Final Hours
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

These Final Hours Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Watching something that for me, is an expectation.

Concept; Para's asteroid hit at 0730 your time and the ensuing fireball is 12 hours away. The fireball will consume all life on earth.

What do you do?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14146 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Where are you watching it?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Watching something that for me, is an expectation.

Concept; Para's asteroid hit at 0730 your time and the ensuing fireball is 12 hours away. The fireball will consume all life on earth.

What do you do?

Try to get in contact with my loved ones, which right now is easy as my son lives with me and my mom is close by. Have a female friend with two kids who is faaaar removed from her family, maybe reach out to her and see if she'd want to come with. Basically just spend the remaining time reminiscing and telling them how glad I was to have had the opportunity to be in their lives, etc. etc.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16227 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I watched that a few months back. It made me realize that the very last thing I would want to do is spend my last hours hammered or in a state of debauchery.

I'd want to spend every last second with those I love, particularly my wife and daughter.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Where are you watching it?

It's on Netflix.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14146 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post