SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Bugs Bunny character from your youth...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Bugs Bunny character from your youth... Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
I always liked the ones where the sheepdog and coyote were punching the clock.

And the ones where the big dog adopted the little kitten.

Yep. IIRC that bulldog's name was Mark Anthony. Hysterical. The cookie batter, blender, and cookie cutter bit was awesome. Then the proffered cookie in the shape of a kitten!lol

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
quote:

And the ones where the big dog adopted the little kitten.

Yep. IIRC that bulldog's name was Mark Anthony. Hysterical. The cookie batter, blender, and cookie cutter bit was awesome. Then the proffered cookie in the shape of a kitten!lol

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"Somethin' kinda Eeee about a boy that don't like baseball" - Foghorn Leghorn

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Classic episode, my favorite Looney Tunes.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
From the Looney Tunes lineup - Yosemite Sam.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Count Bloodcount. ABRACADABRA!

HOCUS POCUS

idem ea dixit

Posts: 1390 | Location: Daphne, AL | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

Loved those too.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7252 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking about this and can't really come up with a clear favorite. I didn't care for Pepe LePew, but the rest of them were great.
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

Loved those too.

Sam Sheepdog and Ralph Wolf.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

There is actually an ACME company, in England. They make whistles. They made the first Bobby whistle in the 19th century (and still do), and also one of the most popular referee whistles (the ACME Thunderer). But to the point, I would have to agree with Wiley E. Coyote. Poor sap.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sam Sheepdog and Ralph Wolf

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Wile E. Coyote, Suuuuper Genius.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one was afraid to use a gun in those, that's for sure. Daffy got peppered quite a few times. I vaguely remember one episode where some cats were keeping Elmer Rudd awake at night, so he just grabs a shotgun and blasts them all.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3527 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
I liked the Gremlin.

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1281 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Shaddup, shutting up!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qYa0jpGFUeY

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sylvester the cat.

Posts: 203 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Argh, tough call to pick a favorite. It's neck-and-neck for me between The Roadrunner / Wile E. Coyote and the Rabbit himself, especially this particular Hatfield-and-McCoys-style square-dance cartoon that seemed to rarely make the rotation when I was a kid - I laughed my head off at this one whenever it came around.

Way back, I had a video tape of that Hatfield-McCoy episode. I still laugh when I think of it. All those tunes were made just to simply be funny, rather than cartoons today which are made "fer da Chirrens". The Bugs cartoons were started to be short bits to show before the movie began.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
The line "What's up Doc?" was not originally intended as a catchphrase. It was in common usage when the first Bugs cartoons came out. Doc was used much in the same way "man" is today, like "Hey Man!". When I was little I knew several older folks who still used "Doc" in this manner.

Once they used it in the cartoons though, it became the catchphrase very quickly.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I liked the poor black kitty who kept getting white-striped by accident and then chatted up by Pepé Le Pew.

Well, and Yosemite Sam and Wile E., of course.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: joel9507,

Posts: 15025 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post