SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Perhaps a proper GhostBusters sequel
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perhaps a proper GhostBusters sequel Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Even in a movie about fighting ghosts, I don't think it'd be a good idea to bring back Spengler. It just seems wrong to capitalize on the death of an actor.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
I thought I saw a blurb somewhere (can't remember where for the life of me) that all of the original cast have an appearance in this one.

With CGI it wouldn't surprise me if Harrold Ramis even makes an appearance.

Assuming what I think I remember seeing, or was it reading, was true. Wink

Given his son is the writer & director, I doubt they bring back Spangler. It has been mentioned that Weaver, Murry, Aykroyd and Hudson are all set to make some sort of cameo.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
IN

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
I thought I saw a blurb somewhere (can't remember where for the life of me) that all of the original cast have an appearance in this one.

With CGI it wouldn't surprise me if Harrold Ramis even makes an appearance.

Assuming what I think I remember seeing, or was it reading, was true. Wink

Given his son is the writer & director, I doubt they bring back Spangler. It has been mentioned that Weaver, Murry, Aykroyd and Hudson are all set to make some sort of cameo.

Who's son is the writer and director?

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Ivan Reitman was the producer/director of the original Ghostbusters. His son, Jason Reitman, is the director of Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

Harold Ramis co-wrote the original with Dan Aykroyd. Ramis does have co-writer credit on Afterlife due to the movie being based in that universe.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
IN

Yep me too looks like it might even have a bit of a plot.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I will check it out, it looks like it'll be fun. The long after sequels are more fun than trying to recreate originals in my opinion. I enjoyed Jurassic World and Jumanji.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Idunno. The same sound effects from The Transformers gets old after about ten years or so.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post