SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    River: English detective series on Amazon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

River: English detective series on Amazon Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
Based on the recommendation by lyman in the Bodyguard thread, I started watching River last night. Interesting concept and the first episode in this one season series had me intrigued. Great acting!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39017 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I wonder if you could tell us more about its strengths and weaknesses; the general tone—how dark, how gory is it?

Posts: 18231 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'd say it's major strength is the strong acting and character development. The plot is very intriguing and very slowly released to keep the viewer engaged. The main character has a mental flaw (don't want to reveal too much here) and because of that the flashbacks are critical to the plot. Interesting twists during the story and the ending leaves you....I'll let you decide.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39017 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it very much. Stellan Skarsgård is a favorite of mine.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7644 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
I enjoyed it very much. Stellan Skarsgård is a favorite of mine.

and he is fantastic in this series,

he also had an interesting take on it, (google is your friend, I am not giving spoilers)

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10482 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Excellent series.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11403 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I watched the series based on this thread and enjoyed it. I thought I knew what was happening and got a bad flavor for a character and then wham it takes another turn from what you might have thought.

Hard to say a lot without injecting spoilers because that would spoil the program. Have to watch it to the end.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1414 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
For those of you that enjoyed River, Nicola Walker who plays the female cop stars in her own Brit Detective series called Unforgotten about solving cold cases. It's a more traditional detective show but if that's you thing check it out. It's also on Amazon I believe.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7644 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
For those of you that enjoyed River, Nicola Walker who plays the female cop stars in her own Brit Detective series called Unforgotten about solving cold cases. It's a more traditional detective show but if that's you thing check it out. It's also on Amazon I believe.

she was also in MI-5, a fantastic 10 season spy show,

if you like stuff a litter darker, also try Marcella,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10482 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post