SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dreams - Allman Brothers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dreams - Allman Brothers Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
As I mentioned in the "what are you reading" thread, I'm currently reading Gregg Allman's autobiography. I just learned that the only song he wrote on the Hammond organ was Dreams. This song really does it for me. Slow blues jam and Duane's lead slide guitar is incredible. And Gregg's voice is one of a kind...always sounds "old" and well-worn....like Steve Winwood's. It's like they were old before their time.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39210 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Terrific. I have always love the sound of the Hammond B3. Steve Winwood was another master of it.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10874 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Loved listening to this when high. Wished it went on longer.

Posts: 5748 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites. I like this one too.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post