SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Reptile on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reptile on Netflix Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
My wife and I watched the crime/cop movie "Reptile" on Netflix last night and both of us really enjoyed it!!! Frankly I was surprised that she managed to stay awake (easily I might add) through the entire 2 hours and 15 minutes of run time, but there was plenty of interesting plot twists and enough realistic law enforcement stuff that we both were impressed with this movie starring Benecio del Torro, Justin Timberlake, Eric Bogosian, and Alicia Silverstone.

There's a bit of gunplay involved, but not so much as to go crazy beyond reality, and I've got to say that this movie's use of the older/more mature looking and acting Justin Timberlake and Alicia Silverstone really did a good job of exhibiting their talents. Well worth the watch!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10209 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I love Benecio Del Toro. The movie was enjoyable and had a good flow to it. I'm sure there is a cinematography term for it, but I don't know much about that.

What we did notice is that Alicia Silverstone is getting up there in age. Which means I am too LOL.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6343 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
What Otto said.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12139 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Yes, a very good flick. I need to watch it again to clear up a few things (too many interruptions).

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5293 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Pretty well written and acted ~ enjoyed it as well. Smile

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

What we did notice is that Alicia Silverstone is getting up there in age. Which means I am too LOL.

Wink Well, at 47, there's a lot of changes going on.

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

Wink Well, at 47, there's a lot of changes going on.

I actually liked her much more in this production than anything she'd done previously. Given the character of a woman (and wife) in this age category and presenting herself as such was a refreshing change. IMHO she was far sexier here than during her younger years. She aged well!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10209 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
We watched it last night and very much enjoyed it as well. The title is ambiguous as hell. According to the director, you are supposed to see traits or draw analogies to reptilians in every character.

I don't know about all that. But it was very good. Definitely recommended.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching and yes it was good, but sure seemed full of plot holes.

Maybe the parts I need are in the cutting room's waste bin?

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night and enjoyed it.

Posts: 5698 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It was entertaining if somewhat predictable.

I don't understand the reference to Reptile either. Why the title? And the snake skin that was irrelevant?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12754 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
And the snake skin that was irrelevant?

Funny, I thought the snake skin was the most obvious reference.

It references the shedding of appearance...what lies underneath...to the true nature of each person

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14188 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Justin Timberlake's character Will Grady and Eric Bogosian's Robert Allen are the main reptiles. As the film progressed and more of their character is revealed, the old skin is shed and you see what's left. I suppose Del Toro's character could also be the same, having gotten into trouble in Philadelphia with a corrupt partner in his past life, his current case has resulted in him making discoveries and where his previous life he would've gone-along, in this case he does the 'right thing' which unfortunately reveals a new reptile. Three close friends and colleagues whom he respected, weren't who he thought they were.

Best line, “There’s only one thing I love almost as much as I love you, and that’s being a cop, but you know what? This thing does not love me.”

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will probably watch this movie soon. I saw the trailer for it and it looks good. I enjoy Antonia Banderas' movies. Wink

Posts: 6899 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I thought it was relatively good. In context of most films these days. At least there was some though provocation throughout. It kept me glued in to the entire thing so the acting was good, direction was good, and the story was good.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12652 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
We would not have watched it if it weren't for the SF - I'll take a chance if it's been anointed. We liked it.

My wife thinks the Reptile title had something to do with the Tatoo the victim had on her spine.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
And the snake skin that was irrelevant?

Funny, I thought the snake skin was the most obvious reference.

It references the shedding of appearance...what lies underneath...to the true nature of each person

Apparently that was the intent of the director, Grant Singer, also:

quote:
“In the movie, characters are introduced as one thing and revealed to be something else,” Singer continues. “There’s a shedding of skin that occurs, and it felt like an appropriate metaphor for the film.

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/...PsWTd4L_wg%3D.WwbqJa

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14188 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post